Neumann W492 equalizer DIY project (PCB docs added)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I finally finish this build…
Great sounding, also very quiet and clean…
I like to A/B and just add a true bypass…
W492 PCB are from French GC audio, power supply from dear @volker , frontpanel from @Frank frontpanel.de

Enjoy*
0-0
At some point I'm gonna have to make an official press statement if these mix-ups keep on happening 😄. The relevant Volker is @[silent:arts]. But nice work :).

Hey there!

I'm starting to collect all parts , does anyone happen to have a BOM ( mouser cart ) for this project?

Thank you!

Hello,
i bought a W492 DIY Build from a friend for cheap. Unfortunately there is some issue with it. After turning the pots i get a really loud noise/click (almost like a kick) out of both sides. I have nothing on the input. Has anyone maybe an idea where to look first or similar experience? PSU for example or Calibrate the Gains/EQs?

Best regards!

Hi Everybody, I need some help. I've built this gear but mine needs to be fed with a really low signal because it overdrives really soon. Moreover I've experienced a huge HF noise starting from 1000khz to 20000khz and up. Both channels act the same. Is this a normal behaviour?

Is this a normal behaviour?
That doesn't sound normal to me, but let's check a few things to see if we can narrow it down. Which PCBs are you using, and how do you have the unit connected - line in/out on audio interface, etc? Balanced I/O?

... mine needs to be fed with a really low signal because it overdrives really soon.
How low is low? As in, what level dBu are you feeding in, and what level are you getting out assuming all controls are flat? What THD are you measuring? I use the free Room EQ Wizard (REW) software for things like that.

Moreover I've experienced a huge HF noise starting from 1000khz to 20000khz and up.
That doesn't sound right, but again, what levels are you seeing for the noise? How are you powering your unit? If you can share some photos too, that might help.

Latest posts

Back