Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
promixe said:
I have swapped most of the components in the limiter sidechain on one of the boards and it didn't get rid of the issue, so it must be something else. I'll try to arrange the shipping to Igor sometime next week. I am very very curious what his findings will be. =)

Thanks.  Let's see if I understand.  So, if it's the timing cap that can't recharge between LF cycles, then why were you swapping out components to see if that would solve the issue?  And now why send boards to Igor?  Were you suspecting something else?  Or just trying prove that there are no errors in the build?  Are you not sure it's the timing cap? 

If it is the timing cap, there must be a way to correct it.    (I know RuudNL has a circuit, but maybe other solutions too?)

Finally, how can this be a successful N*ve design with this problem inherently in its circuit?

One more question, would this not also be a problem in the 2254 series?

Hi. Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for a REAL BOM. i.e. not mouser/farnell codes and quantity but the component name and values (eg: C1 - 470uf/50V electrolytic, etc.) Does such a document exist?

Dan P.

Hi all hoping for some friendly advice.

I have just finished putting the bits and pieces together and start testing according to Igor's cooking recipe and it didn't take very long to run into trouble.

It seems I had wired the power transformer incorrectly so according to my advice I rewired it and re-tested. Unfortunatly I am not getting any DCV out so replaced quite a few components but to no avail.

I have attached a diagram or where I am getting DCV + and how I have now wired my toroid.There are no other voltages present if not indicated.
PSU1.jpg

So approx:
+17DCV at:
both ~28. and at one (closest to middle)leg of all 1N5400

+38DCV at:
end of two diodes, positive end of 4700uf cap. end of C2,D1 and I pin of 317.

there are no voltages elsewhere.

PSU.jpg

help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, if you can see +38V on + of C1, and there's no output, probably it is dead LM317. Anyway, check everything.
BTW, it is possible to use 3k57 resistor (R5) instead of trimpot (R3).

Did you mount the regulator with isolation kit from the heatsink?
From your pic it seems, the heatsink is touching the big cap which might cause a short. The LM317 has output voltage internally connected to its metal sheet. Just an idea...

Did you measured the output with power supply output connected?
Try to disconnect power supply output, maybe there's something wrong
with it's output connector (i.e. +24 shorts to gnd)....just an idea.

The PSU was connected to the meter board (BYP-LNK-MTR) which in turn was connected to the main board. I had connected this link in reverse.
I now see 24.3V on one output pin. The other 3 are 0V does this seem correct?

Actually found BYP-LNK-MTR link to mainboard wasn't reversed after all. When it is disconnected though all is fine and measure 24V.

With power supply connected to mainboard all is still good.

When BYP-LNK-MTR is linked to mainboard I no longer measure 24V. Does this give a clue to the problem?

Check everything step by step, every connection, every solder joint. Maybe some wires swapped. Maybe there's short on pcb.

OK I found a reversed diode. All good now on that front.

Time to adjust R44 but wont adjust  (stays on 173MV) same with other board 9153MV) which I never stuffed up on or connected untill now.
I have checked trimmer on BA340 is correct way arround and started fully left.

GRRRRRRRR........... ((

I have checked the board for ant other mistakes all all looks right. I have left out components under main board the 2 100uf caps next to BA340 and CZ and RZ.

Still R44 wont adjust.

R44 is burning, and I also get 4-10volts on R44. Where to start, everything looks to be fine... I get proper 24 v from the powersupply...

Both boards acting the same, could it be ba340?

Wbr,

Vito

Latest posts

Back