Optical Comp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not necessary to post it somewhere.
You can use www.yousendit.com
You just have to put into the "Recipient email address" your address and upload the file. Then open your email and post here the link they sent you. For seven days the file will be available to all the members.

chrissugar

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E01C63EE0FE50720

Thanks, chrissugar.

Here are the times for the clips:
0:37
1:15
1:53
2:31

... of course the original is at zero. Have a listen. Hopefully it helps, and great. If not, we can just let this thread die. Thanks to my friend Danny for cutting the drum track. Thanks to you guys for helping us all do this. :guinness:
-- Jesus

*** EDIT ***
If you're not signed up for yousendit, the max allowable downloads (according to their website) is 3, so I made myself a member and it now allows for 100 DL's or 7 days, whichever comes first (like buying tires).

Yes it sounds very good, very usefull file, thank you !! I even could here some dramastic changes on my pc speakers.
Damn another cool project, just what i really need now :roll: :green: I am drowning here in projects :shock:

Flo

Hmm i just looked through my DIY directory and can't find the info and schematics for this project so it seems like i missed to save it. Anyone care to send them to Infernal_Death(at)gmx.de ?
Thanks !! :thumb: :guinness:

Flo

I downloaded the file and it looks like Rowan's comp is a very, very usable tool.
I didn't have the time to load it into an editor to analyse the peak and RMS relation, but watching the meters of the RME card while playing the file from a media player (it can show peak and also RMS) it is clear that this comp does a nice job. I like the caracter of the sound.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Many thanks to sverige_cruz for uploading the file.

chrissugar

Your welcome. I really liked when we ran vocals and acoustic guitar through it. I think it shined the most for those. Seemed like whatever we put through it, we liked, to some extent.

Should I skip all the paying work and just do it?
Probably not... :green:

-- Jesus

icon_thumb.gif

I'm getting a lot of request for this compressor should I repost the schemo?

Now what will they say when/if I release the 660 design....hmmm

analag

[quote author="Viitalahde"]:shock: :grin:

I like it! Damn, I can't wait to build one.. Should I skip all the paying work and just do it?[/quote]

Damn it Viitalahde, just build the damn thing, you will enjoy it.

analag

[quote author="analag"]
icon_thumb.gif

I'm getting a lot of request for this compressor should I repost the schemo?

Now what will they say when/if I release the 660 design....hmmm

analag[/quote]

Yeah, here here !! It would be totally cool to repost the schematics. Really, i loved what the compressor did on this drum track.

Flo

[quote author="smallbutfine"]The german fraction of the board seems to enjoy your designs but is always too late to get the 3 day schems...
Just like me too. Reposting would be great. :thumb:

Kind regards

Martin[/quote]

I happen to like the sound of German software, so we have something in common.

There is also the matter of the Gain reduction meter setup, That I can't remember off the top of my head, so I might have to open up one of them to look at it. Watching the meter you realize that it's not as slow as we are theoretically told to believe.

analag

1:1 input transformer is 10K:10K and a Edcor XMS10K/600 is used for the output.

analag

Hey Rowan, nice to post again the schem.

I have a question. It is clear that one of the 500K pots is the THRESHOLD for the sidechain, and the other 500K is the MAKEUP GAIN, but I don't understand what is the 100K pot for. This pot will affect the level of the audio in the gain circuit, and also the level of the signal going into the sidechain. What is it's function?

chrissugar

Latest posts

Back