Pod Farm Plugin, free iLok license

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DLing now...

Here are a couple things to try--

1. Defeat the cabinet emulation and use an IR of a cab instead. When I have no choice but to use fake amp sounds I've had the best luck that way.

2. Defeat the cabinet emulation (I'm assuming it has that level of functionality) and run your drum buss through the AC-30 setting. A pal of mine stole this trick from a fairly well known AE/Producer-- I've heard the results since then (on other tracks) and it's worth playing with. One caveat, they were using Amp Farm and later Amplitube. Watch out for latency if you're running a native system-- even on HD my pal only uses it on the entire buss as he couldn't seem to get the untreated tracks in phase, even with ADC and polarity inversion.

I know it's sort of lame not to reveal the guy's name, but I was asked not to and I'm trying to be loyal. Think indie-alternative rock records, ones you've probably heard of. Also, it might suck with this plugin-- dunno yet.

EDIT: OK I tried it-- imparts an interesting character on drums but the high end is insane and I'm not sure I like how it sounds after I adjusted to a darker tone. Pretty much strips the drums of any depth too. I kind of like the way it distorts the low end though-- I guess it would have to be the right song.

Latest posts

Back