Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord I feel old....lol. Hit #1 nearly 50 years ago. I love some of the harmonies, and once again....no hard drives or autotune dingleberries were "annoyed".

Bri

PS....song came to mind this afternoon while trying to do battle with my Win10 PC updates....

This song was posted elsewhere but wanted it here as well.
The song was written by David Porter and Isaac Hayes. According to Isaac, they were scheduled for a song writing session. David was using the toilet and Isaac was getting impatient. Isaac was calling out to Dave to hurry up and David said “hold on I’m coming” . The lightbulb went off in Isaac’s head, thinking that’s a good one. So they used it.

I got the chance to see Rory play a couple of times in the 90's ,
onetime I was involved in rigging the PA ,
I got to see the whole show from the side stage ,
After the gig he gave me a nod and a thanks as he left the stage ,
he kept that energy and urgency going right till the end , fame was never part of the equation with him.
I worked around that time also with a group of musicians and a producer from Deirks Studio in Cologne , where Rory did a lot of his records in the 80's ,
They came over to produce a record for a local folk band from the town Rory called home , super easy going people to work with and they made sure we all were fed and watered in the local pub/hotel .
I think it was their way of saying thanks for the good fortune Rory brought their way .

This was written and recorded today through Madriaanse's EZ1290 and a 76-KT.

I recently found some music I published over 20 years ago in the internet archive. A weird feeling... The tunes are a mishmash of styles and genres.

Nice, I built a bunch of Buchla modules over the past 2 years. It's a really unique sounding system.
Interesting! Which modules?

When I was in High Screwel circa 1970, I became very interested in synths. In a box somewhere, I have vintage sales lit for Buchla and Moog 900 series.

Bri

Interesting! Which modules?

x2 208 Easels (w/ 218 keyboards)

248 - MARF
207 - Mixer
246 - Sequencer
281- Quad Function Generator
280 - Quad Envelope Generator
257 - CV Processor
x2 258 - Dual Oscillators
259 - Complex Wave Generator
266 - Source of Uncertainty
291 - Dual Filter
292c - Quad Low Pass Gate
292b - Quad Low Pass Gate

I might be missing a module since I'm rattling them off the top of my head. They're fairly easy builds with the exception of the 208's. The 208 is a pretty complex build. They all require a little bit of tweaking but sound great! Buchla is certainly a quirky system but really intuitive and inspiring to use.

The 248 MARF is a REALLY cool module to play around with. I haven't even scratched the surface with the possibilities, it's a really deep module. The low pass gates are also really unique sounding as well.

I also built a TTSH (ARP 2600 clone with a smaller panel) and am currently building a 'full size' ARP 2600. Fun stuff!

@fallout ...I wish my files weren't such a mess after I moved here 10 years ago! I don't know which Buchla series modules are in those catalog pages. 100? 200? I just recall they used small, plain knobs in the pictures.

After the 2600 ARP....gonna make a 2500? <g>

Bri

I'd love to see that vintage Buchla literature you have. The literature you have could very well be for the 200 series modules. The 200 series used plain black Davies knobs early on and switched to Rogans (blue and red) at some point.

Building synths is addicting. I promised myself I'm done after this 2600. I'm not even a synth player. I've been rotating between building electric guitars and synths for the past few years. A 2500 is tempting.. hahaha

@fallout ....

I'd love to keep this discussion re. Olde Synths running longer! Perhaps we should open a new thread in the Drawing Board?

To atone for my causing a veer in the "post music" thread, I actually received a copy of this demo record from RA Moog company circa 1970. Wendy (Walter) Carlos did the sounds; B side were Switched On Bach Excerpts. Like many things, I don't know which box here at Camp Chaos holds it.

Bri

This song is a acoustic guitar fingerstyle cover of Playing God by Polyphia. No vocals, only instrumental. Not only is this rendition of this song possibly the most complex fingerstyle song in terms of pure technique, it also improves upon the original by adding more harmonics in replacement of guitar slides, etc.

Also, since the cover is played on only one acoustic guitar, it removes the overprocessed 'trap-ish' beats from the original, resulting in a classier tone.

Latest posts

Back