Reddish 500 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's free and/ or open source PDF readers that you can do a Save As from and change some of the settings like image compression etc to reduce file size.

Question for the group: does anyone know how to reduce the size of a PDF without Acrobat? And what is the actual file size limit for the forum? I have the build guide ready to go, but it is too large to upload thanks to all of the pictures.
You can send it to me PM via https://wetransfer.com/ and i will reduce it. I have Acrobat Pro. P.

Looking great, guys!

@lukas wow, taking it to a new level with those self-wound inductors!

@slipperyflax I don't know if this counts, but I have finished a unit with the new boards. You'll see those photos featured in the build guide, which will be uploaded ASAP.

@Beatpeat I really appreciate the offer, I'll send you the build guide today to reduce

I must have accidentally removed those files from the first post when I tried to upload the build guide. I have re-uploaded the BOM and schematic. The build guide has been sent to Beatpeat to shrink (I hope it's possible, I really made it quite large by mistake - otherwise I'll have to go back and make some edits). As soon as it's ready, I'll update the first post again.

Well, just like that, Beatpeat came through! The reduced-size build guide has now been successfully added to the first post. Thanks a million!

Although the BOM and schematic are included in the build guide, I've left the original schematic doc in the first post as well, since I think will still be useful to have a full size/resolution version of that to work from.

Happy building, everyone!

Last edited:
Yes, sorry for the spam, but the build guide looks great!

Among other things I’ve been muttering to myself “I guess I’ll have to finally learn how to set pins on a Grayhill…”👍

Greetings ! Thank you for this posting .
I am seeing the BOM but not the actual Schematic.
I am wondering if anyone else is having this oddity ?

How do I put it together? Some pics from bottom plate...i ask beacouse on my eye, chamfer holes are to big...

How do I put it together? Some pics from bottom plate...i ask beacouse on my eye, chamfer holes are to big...
Did your metalwork come from Frank or from Kevin? The countersunk hole(s) for the bolts that hold the output transformer are drilled for M2 and the others are M3.

Last edited:
I managed it, I used an M4 washer...

Attachments

• Resize of 20221005_030028.jpg
    Resize of 20221005_030028.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 20221005_030141.jpg
    Resize of 20221005_030141.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 20221005_030219.jpg
    Resize of 20221005_030219.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0