Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riggler said:
Almost! First they ship to me, where they get inspected and individually packaged, and then out to you all.

Thanks ,  I guess all i have to do then is roll the bones  ;)
Best,
Dan <

Hey Steph B.,

Nope, nothing has shipped yet. The first run and the second run got manufactured at the same time because Eric fronted the money for the second run. But as far as shipping order goes, we will ship the first run orders first.

Phraze, yes, bit of a whirlwind of stuff!

Yes an update! I was hoping to post a pic of all the mics, but they did not get here today. They are on their way to me. The good thing is I have all the domestic orders prepared for Fedex (I got the software and an account). The European orders will be going out USPS, and I have all the packaging, hardware packs, etc, ready to go. So as soon as they get here, they are going out.

I think the next batch will run smoother than this batch. A lot of learning, for sure.

I know everyone is anxious and has been waiting. There will be a little surprise in the hardware packs. ;-)

Okay so last night the machinist sent a tracking number. Expected delivery to me November 4th. The box is big, marked fragile handling, and it's insured, maybe that's why so long? I thought they would be here.

Argh. Well, the official ship out to you all date is Nov. 5th / 6th.

riggler... please be at ease, you have nothing to apologize for. 

Your communication has been excellent.  The reasons for the delays have been excellent and for customer (our) benefit.  It sounds like you are doing everything you can do to keep things rolling.

I am really glad the screen ground will be solid, as you know that was one of my concerns early on.

The vast majority of white market and black market transactions go really well (with notable exceptions that should remain nameless) and your communication and responsiveness has been right at the top of the heap.

bruce

(... with the obligatory ... PS:  can't wait to get my mic body!  ;D)

Riggler,
No worries, you have been great, any new enterprise has it's unpredictable hiccups.
Your communication has been great.  I think in many ways this has been much more frustrating for you than us. You have to live with the little things.

Keep up the good work.

Eric

you are doing an awesome job both you and Eric are the man  8)

now its time to roll the bones  ;) isnt

Best,
DAN,

Argh. Well, the official ship out to you all date is Nov. 5th / 6th.
    8)
i would add to this that the christmas bonnet on your avatar says it all,
Best,
Dan,

I am remaining cool, calm, and collected. Have been talking to Eric at length overnight and into this morning.

I am not happy with a lot of the headbaskets. There is one tapped screw hole in the wrong place.  I am taking one to a local machinist to have him quote adding the proper screw hole (for Dany's boards... which is something we reviewed over and over, argh...)

I am not happy with the solder job on some of the headbaskets. Some of them have deformation / not symmetrical, could have been from shipping, could have been just how it was assembled, etc.

It's hard to gauge how critical to be, knowing what's tolerable to you guys and what isn't. So I am going to use my head and say: "Would I want this body?"

Eric talked to the machinist and tonight I am going through every mic, assigning serial numbers to them, detailing the headbasket issues, and then they will be fixed.

Personally, I am not going to get upset over these issues, I am taking the Army adapt and overcome attitude!

It is impressive to look at them all together though. They are just massive things, heavier than I imagined, nice quality weight in your hand.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    516 KB · Views: 142
Hi all,

I have been watching on the sidelines!! Mostly dealing with a recent move to North Carolina. Needless to say I am very upset!!! That being said to echo Riggler's statements. We will make these right!! Thanks to everyone for all of the understanding and patience, Honestly the work to get these correct should be simple. Its just frustrating that after literally hundreds of calls and texts and email. So once again we wait. I cant thank you all enough for the patience!! We will get this right!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's DIY. Stuff happens. I doubt if anyone has a fixed date they need the mics by - and if they do - it's DIY. Stuff happens.

Your communication is terrific. I'm personally very comfortable waiting, and I'm in the third round not even paid yet!

Take time boys; glad for your service.

Mike  8)

riggler said:
I am remaining cool, calm, and collected. Have been talking to Eric at length overnight and into this morning.

I am not happy with a lot of the headbaskets. There is one tapped screw hole in the wrong place.  I am taking one to a local machinist to have him quote adding the proper screw hole (for Dany's boards... which is something we reviewed over and over, argh...)

I am not happy with the solder job on some of the headbaskets. Some of them have deformation / not symmetrical, could have been from shipping, could have been just how it was assembled, etc.

It's hard to gauge how critical to be, knowing what's tolerable to you guys and what isn't. So I am going to use my head and say: "Would I want this body?"

Eric talked to the machinist and tonight I am going through every mic, assigning serial numbers to them, detailing the headbasket issues, and then they will be fixed.

Personally, I am not going to get upset over these issues, I am taking the Army adapt and overcome attitude!

It is impressive to look at them all together though. They are just massive things, heavier than I imagined, nice quality weight in your hand.

Hey Riggler,

That many m49/50 bodies in one place has got to be inspiring. I'm in for three on this run and I just want to say thanks for your attention to detail. It's guys like you (and you are certainly not alone from what I can tell) that really elevate what goes on around here.

I don't mind at all if you want to send mine along. I can drill/tap and have a blowtorch that deals with random solder blobs.

That being said, I don't have all the other parts in stock for these yet so no worries on waiting till you're happy either.

Cheers,
jonathan

Back