Sta-Level type case / PT/ Pots n Switches Order **CLOSED**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right Chaps,
I've sent updated UPS quotes to the people that have emailed me with their phone numbers -
Le Roux
Jensenmann
Zero
MysticMerlin
Famap
59Flame
Mdmitch2
StefanAC
Murdock
Kvintus
Kosi
Phrazemaster
KML2396
CBR
Winetree.

Payments are starting to come in - great stuff , so I can start getting these out ASAP !!

Still awaiting contact phone numbers from
Monoklang
SKJGProject
Jim50Hertz ( I got his number anyway !)
Noisy1
DMP
Floti
Nickhepfer
Vineyardgrey
Fizmo
Bassniac

Come on chaps, my wife is ready to kill me !!!

Bernd,
I got your hinge here, and I'll get it out to you this week  :D

;D

Sent the payment via paypal.

Thanks  Steve
Greetings from bavaria
---------------------------------
Andreas

I  got notice that my 2 cases will be delivered tomorrow. Thursday.

Get ready to bend over.
I just got an e-mail stating that I have to pay the driver $123.58 for import fees due C.O.D.
I called UPS If I don't pay it they will not deliver it.
What the hell. I've received packages from around the world and never had to pay anything.
Any other U.S. members got this C.O.D. customs fee?

I paid $170.98 for shipping and with this fee a total of $293.96. just to get the cases delivered. What with the initial cost and shipping makes these the most expensive cases i have ever bought. Had I been informed of  this I would have found different cases.

Wow that’s ridiculous. The most I ever paid was $68 after I bought an item from FleA, and that item was over $1300.

Did you pay it? I know I don’t have that much on me if they ask me for that too.

Steve can you look into this? Something ain’t right here...

I bought 2 of everything for a total of $871.00.
What's the declared value?
That's not $1300.00. for $68.00. That sounds like a bargin compared to $123.00. for $871.00.

Grand Total of $1,250.00 with shipping, P.P. fees, import fees.

I gotten packages from Russia, China, Germany, Great Britain, Chile, Denmark, and more. No fees.
We should of been informed of other shipping options. I wasn't in a hurry to receive the cases.

i am  due to recieve 1 of everything tommorow in oklahoma. I have 623 dollars  cost+ shipping+ pp fees.  i still owe another 5.25 pounds more because shipping was more then i was quoted so another conversion fee and paypal fee i assume.  That is with no import fees as of yet. I will go thru the roof if there are import fees. 

I've done some research on the import fee.

My understanding is if  the value of contents of package in under under $800.00 no custom papers are necessary.
If the value is under $2500.00 dollars and it's for PERSONAL USE, forms need to be filled out but there isn't any import tax.
I also read that UPS a pass-tru lane at customs and anything under $2500.00 goes through untaxed.
I don't know what's been put down on the  declaration papers until I get the package.

My package is coming in tomorrow and I'm under duress in having to pay the 123.00 or else the package will go into storage with a daily fee charge until paid or until resolved.

Winetree said:

My understanding is if  the value of contents of package in under under $800.00 no custom papers are necessary.
If the value is under $2500.00 dollars and it's for PERSONAL USE, forms need to be filled out but there isn't any import tax.
I also read that UPS a pass-tru lane at customs and anything under $2500.00 goes through untaxed.
I don't know what's been put down on the  declaration papers until I get the package.

My package is coming in tomorrow and I'm under duress in having to pay the 123.00 or else the package will go into storage with a daily fee charge until paid or until resolved.
That really sucks. Hope it works out.

Get a load of this sh*t.
I just found out there's 2 tracking numbers.
I ordered 2 cases was each case was shipped separately?

Two deliveries and each one has $123.53 import duties due.
$246.00 in import fees.
Then each package should have been valued at $435.00
That the hell was put down on the custom forms.
I need some answers quick!!!!!

Hi Chaps,
Well that wasnt the replies I was hoping for this morning.

Winetree -

Get a load of this sh*t.
I just found out there's 2 tracking numbers.
I ordered 2 cases was each case was shipped separately?

Two deliveries and each one has $123.53 import duties due.
$246.00 in import fees.
Then each package should have been valued at $435.00
That the hell was put down on the custom forms.
I need some answers quick!!!!!

1. The two Parcels were down as one shipping( although there are two tracking numbers, I only have the one number for the actual shipping consignment). - 1 of 2, and 2 of 2. ( I could have put them all in one box, but the damage factor goes right up.)
The shipping value was £681 combined. 16KG total.
Picked up from residential, delivered to residential.
Not for commercial use, personal use only.
Sent as Parts kits.
Not sure where you got the $2500 pass through from, but UPS online wouldnt let me complete the shipping unless there was a customs declaration form filled in.
Exactly the same details as the quote PDF that was sent originally to you.
The customs form I went through it with a UPS advisor as every part of the customs form required I find a harmonised code for each item - 2x cases, 2x Power transformers and 6 pots.
The emails I have off UPS state that charges on each parcel is $67.79.
Robert, I done everything correct with the shipping to my knowledge, and I also checked the details over with the UPS representative.
I can only offer my sympathies with this situation. I understand fully how this would piss a man off as it would to me.Inside, I am gutted.
So comments like 'get a load of this sh*t', when all I have done is try my best, really make me wish I hadn't bothered offering kits to the Forum, which would have saved me personally a massive amount of time, effort, money and headwork.
I just wanted to give something back to this great place.

I'll definitely think twice the next time.

Best,
Steve

afaik the limit for a duty free import in the U.S. has been raised from $200 to $800 last year.  anything above $800 will still be subject to taxation. (which is relatively fair compared to what we europeans pay for importation, the limit is something like $20- $30)

but in any case you always have to sign customs declarations, no matter what the value is.

only solution around this problem would be making sure that the total declared value including shipping charges is below $800, although this breaks the law and leaves the sender vulnerable to prosecution, so I don't take any responsibility for telling this

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800

Back