Suggestion for a bench top magnifying lamp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a cheap plastic lens version of an Optivisor. It happens to have a flip down lens for additional magnification with the resultant reduced focal distance. I've been getting by with that as well as a +1.75 pair of readers. I'll see if I can find a link for those on a budget.

Edit: Carson Magnivisor, $22 atm at Lowes: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Carson-Opt...NRadq6FHO2otyE3IxEuIr-MBfxf_WALzN1SMhXjqS5fq4

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I bought a cheap pair of LED magnifying glasses at Lidl for €10 this morning.

The whole thing is a bit plasticky and rather fragile.

The magnification is interchangeable from 1x to 3.5x, it could be a bit more but it's good for soldering and things like that. The LED is bright but unfortunately the whole apparatus gets quite heavy due to the 3x AAA batteries.

Conclusion: cheap, useful, let's see how long it lasts. In my opinion, such glasses are generally more suitable than magnifying lamps for soldering, see member @MicMaven post.

1000043281.jpg1000043282.jpg

Latest posts

Back