Entropy continued

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS; I remain alert to appliance efficiency. I briefly considered heat pump based clothes dryers. I talked to my local appliance repair guy and has not seen any in use locally (MS is not wealthy).
Heat pumps are a no-brainer. Unfortunately, the initial investment to convert an older centrally heated house to a heat pump system is often very high.

Our heat pump based clothes dryer was not very expensive and the energy saving is really enormous. Makes even more sense to replace an old dryer than an old fridge/freezer. Plus you can put it anywhere, since there is no hot/wet air coming out of it.

I had a quick look at how at how those dryers deal with lint and moisture. In addition to the regular lint screen there appears to be an additional lint screen but you also have to clean another unit as well. There also seems to be a storage tank that stores recovered moisture that has to be drained occasionally. Maybe you can vent the air outside and drain the water directly as well, but if not that would be an ideal situation for entropy to be magnified.

Latest posts

Back