TBDD-500, TBDD-Rack, TB550A, TB2S

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news!!  TB550A kits finally back in stock.  The great front panel debacle of 2013 has come to a happy conclusion.  New panels look killer.

A little update.  TBDD Rack PCBs and Mini Parts Kits have been added to the store.  BOM and Wiring Guide coming in just a couple of days.  Pictures will be added later since my camera was good enough to crap out on me recently.

Also while you're there, check out the new TB2S Op Amp.

Brian

Fair warning for you slackers!  Down to the last 10 TB550A kits and it will be quite a while until there are more once these are gone.

TB550A kits sold out!  Thanks, everyone.  They'll be back eventually, but I don't have a plan as to when right now.  Focusing on new products first.

Also I realize that I didn't mention it here, but I'm offering a money-back trial on the TB2S DOA if you want to check it out.  Buy a couple, use them for a month and if you don't like it, just sent it back for a refund on the purchase price.  You just have to pay the shipping.

Hey,

Very interested in this build! I'd really love to hear the TB550A next to a real (modern) API550a.
I'm not really into buying stuff I didn't hear first.. so a shootout would be awesome!  :)
If you can, and are confident enough, maybe put them up against the CAPI LC53s?
I'm kind of in between this kit and the CAPI LC53s..  :p

Kit's looking great though!  ;D

Regards!
Mr.Franky

Well, since my 550 is sold out right now, any kind of comparisons won't mean much.  You might ask over in the build thread for some opinions.  I'm sure there are some folks who have all of those things.  I know it has been commented on previously.

Thanks,
  Brian

Added a few DIY bits to the store.  We now carry BI Technologies 1/2" P260P pots in 10K/20K/100K/1M linear and a dual 10K lin.

Also added MN3007 and MN3101 ICs.  A little expensive, but they are all tested fully before shipping.

Hey Brian,

Is there any sort of wait list for the next run of these?

If so, I'd love to get on it for a pair...

They look great!

Hi Mutterd,

You mean the EQ?  Given that you're the second person to ask me in the last 24 hours, I guess maybe it's time to start a list.  I don't have any specific date as to when I'll be stocking up again but I'll let people know when they are available.  It will also be announced both here and of the Facebook page.  Send me a PM with your name and email address.

Brian

If you are so motivated, I would recommend doing the rack version at this point.  It is going to be quite a while until I restock the TBDD-500 kits.

Just a note on this, I recently learned that the ON Semi SA571NG that we use is no longer available in the DIP package.  I have a few more here and a line on a bunch more.  I will probably be adding them to the mini-kit since they will be fairly impossible to buy in a short time.

horvitz said:
Just a note on this, I recently learned that the ON Semi SA571NG that we use is no longer available in the DIP package.  I have a few more here and a line on a bunch more.  I will probably be adding them to the mini-kit since they will be fairly impossible to buy in a short time.

Any sub for the SA571NG in DIP going forward Brian?

Love my TBDD racks! =)

fazeka said:
Any sub for the SA571NG in DIP going forward Brian?

Love my TBDD racks! =)

As far as I can tell right now, no.  Plenty of SMD options out there.  There is a Philips version pretty widely available on ebay but I haven't used that one.  One of the distributors is sitting on about 150 pieces of the ON chip and I might just buy them all to make sure we can have them.  Still thinking about it.

Glad you are enjoying yours!

horvitz said:
Hi Mutterd,

You mean the EQ?  Given that you're the second person to ask me in the last 24 hours, I guess maybe it's time to start a list.  I don't have any specific date as to when I'll be stocking up again but I'll let people know when they are available.  It will also be announced both here and of the Facebook page.  Send me a PM with your name and email address.

Brian

yup, the EQ's...

I sent you a PM, I'll take a pair when they are back in stock.
T

AudioGimmer said:
Any idea if the TB550A will be making a reappearance anytime soon? I'd love to build a couple.

It will be back eventually but I don't have any particular schedule right now.  Maybe this summer?  I'm focused on getting the TBFX out the door first.  I had asked on FB if there was any preorder interest but unfortunately, there weren't enough people to make that happen.  I'd need about 25 paid preorders to get it going immediately.

I keep a notification list so if you or anyone would like, PM me your email address and you'll be notified as soon as it's in stock.

Brian

Back