TBDD-500, TBDD-Rack, TB550A, TB2S

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had asked on FB if there was any preorder interest but unfortunately, there weren't enough people to make that happen.

If you asked the same question here I could guarantee your pre-order list would grow by at least two units. ;-)

David

jstark said:
If you asked the same question here I could guarantee your pre-order list would grow by at least two units. ;-)

Only 23 more, then!  Anyone else serious about a TB550A pre-order?

Not yet.  I want to get a better sense of whether or not we'll get enough orders before I take anyone's money.  I hate taking money for things I don't have yet but since this would be the third run of these things, I'm very confident that everything will work out well.

A word on timing.  IF we do this, I would probably leave the pre-order open for a month.  Then if we have enough, I'll order the switches immediately.  Since they are all made to order, it's 8-10 weeks to receive them.  So, say up to 3 months from the close of the pre-order to delivery.  Faster if we're lucky.

21 more..

Man, they're great, but I can't afford to buy anything now.  Someone should. 

Well that's 10.. still a long way.

BTW, updated the first post to reflect availability of TBFX.  I'll get a post up for build and tech discussion over the weekend.

Mr.Franky said:
I'd really love to hear the TB550A next to a real (modern) API550a.
I'm not really into buying stuff I didn't hear first.. so a shootout would be awesome!  :)
If you can, and are confident enough, maybe put them up against the CAPI LC53s?
I'm kind of in between this kit and the CAPI LC53s.

Plenty of comments if you dig around this site.  Lately I have switched between these and lc53 a lot on program material, and these usually win for clarity and solidity.  Individual tracks are a different question.  Lc53 came along after these, and I know Steiger (CAPI) digs these, and they are definitely gonna be closer to a 550A than an LC53 will be. 

OK, so I've been mathing things out a little and I think we could actually move forward on the TB550A with only 15 PAID pre-orders.  If everyone comes though, I think we are actually at 12 right now.  Can we drum up three more?

horvitz said:
OK, so I've been mathing things out a little and I think we could actually move forward on the TB550A with only 15 PAID pre-orders.  If everyone comes though, I think we are actually at 12 right now.  Can we drum up three more?

Good news!!!

I almost just pulled the trigger on 2 Datatronix 550a's on the bay for more than twice the price with dead DOA's...

Come on guys - can we get J more?!

Back