The background of GearSlutz...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyrano

Read what kind of person Jules really is:

https://gearwarz.com/

After many years, Meg has gotten her day in court. She won.

She won minimum wage by the court? wow, an employee who didn't got credit for the job she was paid for but thought that could get more after the site became succesful but never signed a contract, who's fault is that?

An entire site dedicated to how Jules wife didn't like her and about her time when her mother died, its not exactly wikileaks, she is not Snowden if you ask me....

Seems like a rant against the British judicial court system ...

I hate the "this is my story" line, as if she were a victim of Josef Fritzl

user 37518 said:
She won minimum wage by the court? wow, an employee who didn't got credit for the job she was paid for but thought that could get more after the site became succesful but never signed a contract, who's fault is that?

An entire site dedicated to how Jules wife didn't like her and about her time when her mother died, its not exactly wikileaks, she is not Snowden if you ask me....

Seems like a rant against the British judicial court system ...

I hate the "this is my story" line, as if she were a victim of Josef Fritzl

I care too.

She wasn't an employee, she was a partner. Worse, without her long and hard work, GearSlutz wouldn't have existed.

She also wasn't the only one who got conned. Recording.org also was.

And WTF has Josef Fritzl to do with this? Sorry man, that's not only a sexist macho remark, it's also indicative of having very little compassion for a fellow human being.

cyrano said:
And WTF has Josef Fritzl to do with this? Sorry man, that's not only a sexist macho remark, it's also indicative of having very little compassion for a fellow human being.

Sorry, I went over the top, it just seems to me that she made some bad decisions by not demanding Jules to sign a contract and then blaming everyone for that, and now she is portraying herself as a big tragedy with the phrase "this is my story" , that is what I was trying to express with my comment

My thought is and will always be. Theft is Theft.

Taking advantage of a non-contract is devious and personally if I was in her place.... I'ld take his ears. Meaning I rip ears off people. Well... once or twice. I have VERY angry Alternate we call Pazuzu. You do not want to meet Pazuzu.

So... we had planned on a paid advertised story on GS as well as a sponosered forum, eventually. We didn't want to have spammers all over GDIY while wanting to offer some education to the overall audio community. This was our solution and we were willing to pay to keep GDIY as it is... cause I love the forum.

Long/Short, saved me $2500 cad for our paid story on GS.

I am applying most of this to GDIY Annual Fundraiser & DIY Conference. The rest I am ordering pizza with tonight :)

Sharing is caring.

user 37518 said:
Sorry, I went over the top, it just seems to me that she made some bad decisions by not demanding Jules to sign a contract and then blaming everyone for that, and now she is portraying herself as a big tragedy with the phrase "this is my story" , that is what I was trying to express with my comment

You should read the entire story. It's not about the money, but about justice. She stood up for her rights even when the justice system and the odds were against her.

The world needs more people like her.

cyrano said:
You should read the entire story. It's not about the money, but about justice. She stood up for her rights even when the justice system and the odds were against her.

The world needs more people like her.

I interacted a bit with Jules in the past, I've always thought he is an ass. To be honest its been some years now that I dont give a shit about GS.

user 37518 said:
Sorry, I went over the top, it just seems to me that she made some bad decisions by not demanding Jules to sign a contract
Unfortunately, it's very frequent. A man and a woman start a business relationship on top of a romantic relationship. Of course, the man is the recognized originator. The woman does not want a contract, she wants a family. It happened so many times it's banal.
The big issue there is no court recognizes it. They consider the woman has committed a fault, when there are serious and deep extenuating circumstances.
We have to teach our daughters their rights and how to protect them before such issues happen.

I don't think the issue is male-female relationship, at least in this case. From what I understand they were not even a couple at that point. If the story is 100% true (I always tend to believe there's another side of a coin) then Jules would do the same to anyone regardless of being a male or a female.

warpie said:
I don't think the issue is male-female relationship, at least in this case. From what I understand they were not even a couple at that point. If the story is 100% true (I always tend to believe there's another side of a coin) then Jules would do the same to anyone regardless of being a male or a female.
First let me state I'm not interested in the sordid details of private life of half-celebs.
I'm interested in the business development aspects and the defense of women in biz environment.
I understand that Jules is considered by many as a nasty person. I don't know him, I can't judge.
I read Chinn, she clearly mentioned they were living "as a married couple" for a time, and stayed "good friends" thereafter.
I have no opinion as to what he would have done to a male associate.
I just surmise a male associate would have been more cautious than she was.

abbey road d enfer said:
I just surmise a male associate would have been more cautious than she was.

I don't agree with this. There are nasty/ naive men and nasty/ naive women. I know many cases where a man got screwed up by his male business partner.

Back