The official GroupDIY 511 Help & Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. They are done, getting the front panels back from laser engraving this week, I'm really stoked to finish them, 4 channels of Neumann W492 and 8 channels of S800.

I'm sure this info is somewhere in the many threads about these racks, but does anyone know the exact name/specs for the grounding and stereo link header/jumper parts?  Possibly even catalog numbers if ya wanna be a real sweetheart... :D

Perusing Mouser's website left me awash in a sea of Molex, not knowing which to pick.
Thanks!

I got these:
571-9-146274-0

But... They are the shorter tails which means they were falling out unless I pushed them in hard with an oven mit on and a small solder tip to get inside the hole and heat the pin. Or, which was also hard, pulling the pin back and extending the tail.

Anyone have better solutions?

Family from Munchen got me some gooods  ;D PROST
photokk.jpg

Can't wait the case to be here, and by the way Volker, did you received money for transformer? Thanks a lot, i'll drink one for this one, hmmm maybe two  ;D.

Can someone suggest a way to fit a 7pin XLR socket on the back ?
The PCB board gets in the way.  Is this even possible?

What is everyone doing to plug the hole in the back? I would really like to have a standard 7pin socket here.

Chuck

I'm pretty sure a neutrik d series will fit on the outside...I'm looking into getting a package together with the following

EDITSeems as if they do not fit through the hole...still investigating

1 female D series connector
1 male D series connector
1 male inline connector
1 female inline connector
all 7 pin and possibly the actual wire.

I'll be using this if i can, Japan standards, nice key lock design, not just a bump on the connector, they look good for an ok price, of course Amphenol, Lumberg, Binder etc... Have some descent models:

http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=297-6662&x=0&y=0

http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=297-6561&x=44&y=22

go ptown go ptown go! go ptown go ptown go! (similar to go ninja go from tmnt 2).
I was checking out the amphenol connectors on digikey. I thought I found one that would be close enough, but I couldn't find a similar version of the other polarity (m/f)

The really unfortunate part here is that in North America, the hole spacing on the panel fits hardly any of our available options. 5 way connectors with 20mm hole spacing is VERY common, but 99% of the 7 way ones are 22-23mm spacing.

Might be worth looking at changing that on the next run boys.

ChuckD said:
They do not have enough clearance on the inside .
Unless there is a shorter part you have  a number for?
Holger did it, and regarding my CAD drawing it should work:

XLR7.png

as mentioned it has to be mounted from the outside.

Back