The official GroupDIY 511 Help & Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ptownkid said:
The really unfortunate part here is that in North America, the hole spacing on the panel fits hardly any of our available options. 5 way connectors with 20mm hole spacing is VERY common, but 99% of the 7 way ones are 22-23mm spacing.

Might be worth looking at changing that on the next run boys.
since it looks like nobody will use the recommended connector it might be best to leave the mounting holes completely.

That also might be an option. Did holger use a D series...? He must have enlarged the hole then. I personally don't mind doing that at all, I was just looking at trying to get connectors for others.

Holger posted at the daughter forum ;D what he used:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/nrg/viewtopic.php?t=1499&start=24

and yes, he had to enlarge the hole a little bit.

if we decide to Neutrik we can supply them with the kits.
this would increase the price a little bit, but since I'm an official Neutrik dealer, and since bought in hundreds it would be less than if everybody would have to buy it in a single quantity.
I will ask for prices tomorrow, and discuss this "change" with Cemal and Jeff.

Good call! How far out is the second run? I was thinking about stocking the 4 connectors (or 2 if people are fine with 2 x Male platemount and 2 female inline or vice versa) in the meantime. Then I'd no longer carry them once the new kits are available.

I used the Amphenol C 091 A Series, which I think looks very good. The panel mount connector dropped right through the cutout, so I had to make an adapter but that was no trouble, just diy. ;D

It's really not difficult to use these. I used some 2mm aluminium, made one big hole to fit the connector and four small ones to fit the mounting holes in the panel. Then you can mount it from inside the rack, since you have enough clearance, so you won't even see the adaptor.

amphenol.jpg

Thanks Volker and congratulations to you and everyone involved in creating this very well engineered product. It has been a joy to assemble and everything fit like a glove.

Mike

Im looking for M23B amphenol series. On pdf they say that is 19.8mm for screws separation and 20mm circular cutout.... For the screws maybe I need to adapt a little the chasis holes (0.2mm diference...). I must buy the pins and sockets separately... but I supose that I can mount them without the insertion tools and these things. Im not really sure

Arnau

Mike D said:
Thanks Volker and congratulations to you and everyone involved in creating this very well engineered product. It has been a joy to assemble and everything fit like a glove.

Mike

+1

btw, does the psu cable need to be shielded?

Apache5 said:
Im looking for M23B amphenol series. On pdf they say that is 19.8mm for screws separation and 20mm circular cutout.... For the screws maybe I need to adapt a little the chasis holes (0.2mm diference...). I must buy the pins and sockets separately... but I supose that I can mount them without the insertion tools and these things. Im not really sure

Arnau

Wow, those actually look pretty cool...bit bulky as they'll stick out the back pretty far, and if you look carefully, the plugs require 3 parts, the contacts, the main body, and a backshell. Not economical at all.

Yes not so cheap like they seems at first. Im gona use only one plug and one socket, with all needed pins and the metalic backshell (more expensive than rubber one but I thing it strains the cable better) it costs like 22.04€

Arnau

You guys are from another dimension of reality!!!!  ;D

Excellent work!!!  ;D

You got to be proud when a product gets created with "GroupDIY" in the name and when its superior to any commercial product out there.

(I know this is the help thread, but I just felt like I had to comment  ;) )

J

51xaudio_500_1.jpg

finished and working!

51xaudio_500_2.jpg

for the power connection i skip all the neutrik / amphenol adaption and wire 1,5qmm cable directly to the board and a siemens messerleiste on the psu. since i plan to put two 11slots with one (double) psu in a rack together as a permanent installation, this seems to be the easiest and most stable solution for me...
thanks everybody.
cheers, alex

Back