The official GroupDIY 511 Help & Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys - the supplied female XLRs seem to have pin one permanently connected to the chassis/body - kinda defeats the purpose of the jumpers, no?

i know that's technically what recommended these days (AES/Rane notes etc) - but i'm just thinking it might be misleading to potential future users of the rack, who might THINK they are changing the connection of pin1 with the jumpers, when in fact they are hard wired to the chassis regardless or jumper position...

any thoughts?

haima said:
hey guys - the supplied female XLRs seem to have pin one permanently connected to the chassis/body - kinda defeats the purpose of the jumpers, no?
yes and no ;D
- the powder coated metal might not have electrical contact to the XLRs
- somebody might want to use the cheaper plastic A series XLRs
loads of options went into this PCB ...

I would suggest to connect the jumpers to chassis, even if the XLR should do this already.

thanks volker - i appreciate the effort you've gone to to accommodate all the options people might want or need!

good point about the powder coating... i'll do what you suggest and install the jumpers.

cheers,
haima

I would suggest to connect the jumpers to chassis, even if the XLR should do this already.
[/quote]

Do you need to connect every jumper for each channel to the chassis or will doing just one connect the rest of them?  Not sure how the traces are laid out.

Also, any solutions for power supply connectors and cases for USA?  Jeff?

Great work guys!  Well worth the wait.

benlindell said:
Why is channel 4 not connected to stereo link on either side? Not a big deal as I don't have any stereo modules but just curious, there are no traces to it.

Slot 3 as well on the back side connection to slot 4 Pin 6.

It's a easy fix so no worries this batch.

Hi Myles,

I posted the links for RS order numbers here and in the white market thread. What I picked is not greatly more expensive than Neutrik 7 pin but a heavy duty stuff with excellent EMI protection. However, I am sure you can find something cheaper that fits the same footprint from your local suppliers. Ptownkid also worked out something else.

Just got my rack all powered up today.
It's working great.
However, I've got a Chandler module that just won't fit correctly.  It's an enclosed unit.  It won't seat deep enough that the face will be flush with the rest of the modules - it still works though.  I did try taking off some of the case, but it's not really the case that's the problem.  It's more like the internal depth of the rack is a 1/8" shy to make it fit.
Anyone else have anything like this come up?
Any ideas for dealing with it?

Back