• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Rude Tube PCB (Pre-order Close)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Drask has got a working prototype with his first pcb layout. I recomended some changes and further options (mainly concerning choice of components and building convenience). Right now he is testing a self etched version of the latest pcb layout. Since it is the first time for him  to design a pcb for a tube project, we just want to be on the safe side and verify that there are no errors before going into production. It would´nt be fair to sell a pcb that doesn´t work 100%. We are very close to the final release. During the last few month we exchanged hundreds of emails to bring this baby alive. Drask did really hard work in order to present his masterpiece very soon. You´ll love it!
regards
Bernd

JayDubrek said:
Any news?

Yes, The last prototype will be finish for the end of week.

bernbrue said:
Hi,
Drask has got a working prototype with his first pcb layout. I recomended some changes and further options (mainly concerning choice of components and building convenience). Right now he is testing a self etched version of the latest pcb layout. Since it is the first time for him  to design a pcb for a tube project, we just want to be on the safe side and verify that there are no errors before going into production. It would´nt be fair to sell a pcb that doesn´t work 100%. We are very close to the final release. During the last few month we exchanged hundreds of emails to bring this baby alive. Drask did really hard work in order to present his masterpiece very soon. You´ll love it!
regards
Bernd

Thank's bernbrue :)

Count me in for a stereo set and if the price is right may well have 2! Thanks, Andy  8)

Very good work man i'm Interested for stereo pcb when it will be available

mrkrawn said:
Very good work man i'm Interested for stereo pcb when it will be available

Noted ;)
I finish the last prototype before go to the factory for the be sure :)

Hi guys, sorry if I'm sounding impatient (too excited about getting going on this) but any news when we will be able to get hold of? Many thanks

Hie All,

prototype is now finish.
I'm actually looking for give you the price for the begin of the week.

I keep you inform,
Jr

And ... prototype can do what? We had a few changes and added features in the threads, so somehow i lost track what is implemented and what not ;)

tomcat said:
And ... prototype can do what? We had a few changes and added features in the threads, so somehow i lost track what is implemented and what not ;)
There is a Hardwire bypass for begin.
We moved the input pad to an output pad.
It's the last modification I've tested.
The others function was implement by bernbrue since the begin of his project.
You have, Input control, Output control, Bias control, triode/pentode/various peak filter modes, and 3 different "saturation mode" (Clean, Crunch, Overdrive) and a Squish mode.
and a LPF too.
It's a stereo kit.

I've answer at your question tomcat?

Back