Twitter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indictment by the complicit administrative state? The DHS Department of Disinformation?
Sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore. If it’s as bad as all these conspiracy-theories say, it is already too late… You might as well be truly and fully-supporting Trump and his latest comments about what to do with our Constitution.

Sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore. If it’s as bad as all these conspiracy-theories say, it is already too late…
It works when we, the people, remain in the loop, informed, and active. But that is being subverted by certain actors. Rather than passively waiting and hoping I vote for people who oppose the subversion and I advocate for smaller government with only focused and meaningful regulation where it really is needed.

You might as well be truly and fully-supporting Trump and his latest comments about what to do with our Constitution.
I support free speech, including that with which I disagree. I don't agree with Trump regarding the statement to which you refer. What was your point in bringing this up? That we should ban speech that you don't like?

What was your point in bringing this up? That we should ban speech that you don't like?
No, this:
Indictment by the complicit administrative state? The DHS Department of Disinformation?

Again, sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore. You know, they aren’t above the law either and everyone has a boss in the American system. But when both sides do it and no one wants to truly fix the problem, that’s nothing more than the politics system we have. Any complaining is just trying to get attention and leverage for their side; just more politics!

Last edited:
No, this:

Again, sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore. You know, they aren’t above the law either and everyone has a boss in the American system.
I clearly stated my position. In the American System as defined by our Constitution, the people are the ultimate boss. Unfortunately, we've allowed our government to become too large and powerful. Time to prune it back. Hard.

Start with the DHS which was an abomination the day it was formed. As predicted, it has become an inward-focused political tool and is using the equally abominable USA PATRIOT Act against the people.

If we'd remained true to the original intent of our system we wouldn't be in this predicament. I blame FDR, LBJ, Nixon, W Bush, Obama, and a host of Congressmen (mostly on the left, but plenty on the right as well) for expanding gov and allowing this to happen.

I clearly stated my position. In the American System as defined by our Constitution, the people are the ultimate boss. Unfortunately, we've allowed our government to become too large and powerful. Time to prune it back. Hard.

Start with the DHS which was an abomination the day it was formed. As predicted, it has become an inward-focused political tool and is using the equally abominable USA PATRIOT Act against the people.

If we'd remained true to the original intent of our system we wouldn't be in this predicament. I blame FDR, LBJ, Nixon, W Bush, Obama, and a host of Congressmen (mostly on the left, but plenty on the right as well) for expanding gov and allowing this to happen.
I didn’t challenge your position, only replied why I brought it up. Honestly, I actually agree with the sentiment.

Sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore. If it’s as bad as all these conspiracy-theories say, it is already too late… You might as well be truly and fully-supporting Trump and his latest comments about what to do with our Constitution.
Funny, now that you mention "trust", I received a mailing from the census bureau today declaring that my response was required by law... I generally try to obey laws, so I logged onto the government website, after about a half dozen pages of increasingly invasive very personal questions I finally decided to tap out... I regret that I can't go back and erase what I already gave them (like a security questions for a friggin census questionnaire :rolleyes: ).

I started giving them progressively bizarre answers so hopefully they will ignore my real answers.

No I do not trust our government. :cool:

JR

Funny, now that you mention "trust", I received a mailing from the census bureau today declaring that my response was required by law... I generally try to obey laws, so I logged onto the government website, after about a half dozen pages of increasingly invasive very personal questions I finally decided to tap out... I regret that I can't go back and erase what I already gave them (like a security questions for a friggin census questionnaire :rolleyes: ).

I started giving them progressively bizarre answers so hopefully they will ignore my real answers.

No I do not trust our government. :cool:

JR
Trust the system (One of the best we got?), not the government? 🤨

I didn’t challenge your position, only replied why I brought it up. Honestly, I actually agree with the sentiment.
No, you wrongly asserted that I had lost trust in the American system. I have not. I do recognize that it is being subverted from within by something wholly at odds with it and I oppose that change. Passivism fixes nothing.

No, you wrongly asserted that I had lost trust in the American system. I have not. I do recognize that it is being subverted from within by something wholly at odds with it and I oppose that change. Passivism fixes nothing.
So I was wrong; years of The Brewery and I’m the only one to ever say such a thing? Wow!

There’s just plenty of people on the edge, who Trump is talking to; desperately trying to get them to fall on his side of the fence. It’s not a left or right thing… It’s just a pure out there crazy.

Last edited:
There’s just plenty of people on the edge, who Trump is talking to; desperately trying to get them to fall on his side of the fence.
Indeed: I can't wait until we can hear about all these poor people who the Democrats are forcing to vote for the guy who says to tear up the Constitution, steals classified docs, and who's organization was just convicted on 17 counts of tax fraud (but he's a businessman!). We just can't abide by people who are aggressive about wearing masks, after all.

Not to worry though: I hear John Durham is free, so we can finally get to the real story, which is Hunter Biden's dick pics.

sounds like you don’t trust the American system anymore.
So I was reading this 5 year old interview with an author who wrote a book about an economist who was a major influence on Charles Koch and his many think tanks and lobbying groups. Central to this guy's beliefs was that "for capitalism to thrive, democracy must be enchained." And I think that notion has permeated American thought in many, many ways over the last few decades. Maybe the question here is whether one trusts (or believes in) the American system, or the largely anti-democratic system that Koch and his merry band of influencers have been pushing on the country for decades now.
Misinforming the Majority: A Deliberate Strategy of Right-Wing Libertarians

So I was reading this 5 year old interview with an author who wrote a book about an economist who was a major influence on Charles Koch and his many think tanks and lobbying groups. Central to this guy's beliefs was that "for capitalism to thrive, democracy must be enchained." And I think that notion has permeated American thought in many, many ways over the last few decades. Maybe the question here is whether one trusts (or believes in) the American system, or the largely anti-democratic system that Koch and his merry band of influencers have been pushing on the country for decades now.
Misinforming the Majority: A Deliberate Strategy of Right-Wing Libertarians
Very twisted viewpoints in that piece. "The vast right-wing conspiracy" and all of that. Funny how the prediction that:

Indeed, Cowen forecasts, “the United States as a whole will end up looking more like Texas.”

1) hasn't happened, and 2) might be a good thing.

Also this is hilarious:

For example, Cowen prophesies lower-income parts of America “recreating a Mexico-like or Brazil-like environment” complete with “favelas” like those in Rio de Janeiro. The “quality of water” might not be what US citizens are used to, he admits, but “partial shantytowns” would satisfy the need for cheaper housing as “wage polarization” grows and government shrinks.

because it is happening in all of the most expensive elite Democrat controlled areas like SF bay area, LA, NYC, etc. while more people move into the less wealthy flyover states. Anyone with two brain cells understands why these things are happening and it isn't John C. Calhoun part 2.

I'd also point out the author's deep misunderstanding of the American system of government as she claims the supposed moral high ground of "majoritarian democracy" which is nothing but an illusory ideal that cannot exist in the real world with real human failings. The framers of our constitution found pragmatic means to avoid that obvious pitfall. She goes on with the usual conflation of a Constitutional Republic and racism/white supremacy like so many before and after. Nothing new or valuable, IMO.

WWW said:
"Elon Musk has fired Twitter's deputy general counsel, James Baker, over his alleged suppression of internal documents about blocking The Post's Hunter Biden laptop exposé."

The incestuous relationship between big tech and big government needs to be broken apart.

JR

The incestuous relationship between big tech and big government needs to be broken apart
Just big tech? What about military contractors, or the energy industry, or--I don't know--a certain hotelier/real estate mogul you seemed to think was fit to serve as Commander in Chief?

Just big tech? What about military contractors, or the energy industry, or--I don't know--a certain hotelier/real estate mogul you seemed to think was fit to serve as Commander in Chief?
This thread is nominally about "twitter".....

I have been consistent ranting against crony capitalism.. I also oppose government corruption and influence pedaling.

JR

PS congrats on your win in GA.

PS congrats on your win in GA.
Thank you. I find it disturbing that so many of my fellow Georgians voted for Walker, a man who is astonishingly ill-suited to be a US Senator, but I'm grateful that Walker will not be representing me for the next six years. And I'm grateful that this $400 million Senate race has finally come to an end.

Latest posts

Back