Twitter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some people are learning but it looks like main stream media is still trying to ignore the evidence. Still keeping millions of people in the dark.

JR

PS: amusing that Sf is going after Musk for providing cots for workers pulling all nighters... I am surprised that he hasn't moved twitter to TX like several of his other companies.

I think some people are learning but it looks like main stream media is still trying to ignore the evidence. Still keeping millions of people in the dark.

JR

PS: amusing that Sf is going after Musk for providing cots for workers pulling all nighters... I am surprised that he hasn't moved twitter to TX like several of his other companies.
I expect a displacement of HQ to a better state is in the works. Why bother with all of the California BS at this point? Besides the anti-business climate, the taxes, the waste, and the degrading infrastructure there's the abject hatred for anything he does from now on.

I think some people are learning but it looks like main stream media is still trying to ignore the evidence.
Evidence of what? That Twitter responded to politicians of both parties to remove/de-emphasize specific content? If people were really that desperate to see pics of Hunter Biden's wee-wee, or read about the evidence of the Kennedy assassination on Hunter's laptop, there were countless media outlets covering it ad-nauseam.

Shit, Musk just kicked Kanye from Twitter, and is de-platforming people who are mean to him in tweets: so much for free speech, eh?

Evidence of what?
Partnership between government and big tech to influence public sentiment.
That Twitter responded to politicians of both parties to remove/de-emphasize specific content?
they were alternately boosting or damping discussions based on political preferences
If people were really that desperate to see pics of Hunter Biden's wee-wee, or read about the evidence of the Kennedy assassination on Hunter's laptop, there were countless media outlets covering it ad-nauseam.
Actually the NYPost revelations about Hunter's laptop just weeks before the vote, was suppressed with the NYPost twiter acct frozen. Zukerberg shared that they were warned by the FBI that Russian disinfo campaign using hacked information was expected. That scam worked with FB blocking the laptop news. In addition they got some 50 odd (really odd) intelligence professionals to sing in perfect harmony that this was likely Russian disinfo.

This denial of information likely altered the outcome of the election, but that is history. We must work to prevent this happening again, or still.
Shit, Musk just kicked Kanye from Twitter, and is de-platforming people who are mean to him in tweets: so much for free speech, eh?
Kayne is mentally unstable and has cost his brand $M in lost value. But you are welcome to support his rants.

=====

This is historic... to quote what's his name, this is worse than Watergate. :unsure:

Twitter is just one of the handful of powerful social media companies. I suspect once they fully open up this can of worms we will find more worms in the other companies.

Interesting times.

JR

This is historic... to quote what's his name, this is worse than Watergate.
There's always something "historic" looming on the horizon, isn't there? Be it Hunter Biden's laptop, or the Durham investigation, or massive vote fraud, or the "Twitter Files"--anything to keep the GOP hoi polloi titillated and hating Democrats. Divide & conquer, to quote what's his name.

There's always something "historic" looming on the horizon, isn't there? Be it Hunter Biden's laptop, or the Durham investigation, or massive vote fraud, or the "Twitter Files"--anything to keep the GOP hoi polloi titillated and hating Democrats. Divide & conquer, to quote what's his name.
Or climate change, Russia collusion, the next Covid variant, the rise of violent white supremacists, etc. But divide and distract is definitely part of the game.

You are accusing me of supporting anti-Semitic rants?
I was just trying to understand your post.

Matador said:

This is not simple to evaluate, are you equating Kayne's rants with mean tweets? I don't disagree with letting Kanye dig an even deeper hole, but he is down pretty deep already with multiple high profile endorsements/joint ventures dropping him already.

The left has accused Musk of increasing hate speech on twitter while he is making efforts to systematically reduce it. He is apparently a major target for anger from the twitterverse. I am suspicious of claims made by biased media embarrassed by their complicity in the cover ups.
Just like you accused me before of supporting Putin?
Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood another one of you opaque comments.
Be careful: here in the Brewery, personal attacks are prohibited and will be strictly moderated. 🤣
Indeed... :cool: If I was making the rules around here we couldn't blatantly attack celebrities like Elon either, while even I have been guilty of that myself (especially attacking politicians).

JR

This is not simple to evaluate, are you equating Kayne's rants with mean tweets?
No, it is simple to evaluate. Musk did two things, both of which are contrary to the free speech "absolutism" that Musk has claimed to espouse. "And" does not suggest they are equivalent.

I think Matador was making a fair point , its a bit disingenuous to infer he was supporting Kanye .

Another good example of whats under discussion here is the latest scandal Irelands incoming prime minister was embroiled in .
On a recent night out Leo Varadkar was filmed in a night club with his tongue down the throat of someone other than his partner ,
I didnt see the video nor do I want to , but apparently his partner was just watching the whole thing unfold nearby .
Of course the social media company was contacted and the video was removed very quickly, it apparently broke the terms of use posting the video.
The social media companies know what side their bread is buttered on , thats for sure .
Had it been any other politician , cheating on their wives or embroiled in a threesome in public it almost certainly would have been check-mate on their political career , try and apply the same set of rules to gays and the LGBT & Woke lobby would have got their knickers in a twist over it.

Ive always been warey of the herd mentality these mass market social media companies breed and never even considered signing up to their BS .

Last edited:
But dont we all have that denial mechanism built in , to greater or lesser extent when we huddle together under a flag ,banner or ideology ?
The same issue has cropped up again and again down through the course of human history , clusterfucks us everytime without fail , and we go back round and let it all happen again .

The standards of white supremecists have obviously fallen greatly. I don’t understand how a hispanic Catholic who hangs out with a black dude can be a white supremacist. White supremacists can’t maintain high standards. What’s this country coming to? /sarcasm

[The Twitter Files], a big, hyped, coordinated publication, has so far failed to achieve its apparent goals. The throughline of the whole exercise is that Twitter is a hotbed of leftwing bias, explicitly aligned with the US Democratic party, and taking unwarranted action to censor speech for politically motivated purposes.

The posts themselves show little of the sort. Some, like Weiss’s, don’t even attempt to: individual examples of rightwing users being on the end of light-touch moderation says little about overall bias. Were leftwing users also given visibility filters? Weiss doesn’t say. Were rightwing users given filters more? Weiss doesn’t say.

Others show almost the opposite. There were plenty of easy reasons to remove Donald Trump from the social network in January 2021, but the posts seem to reveal Twitter staff methodically working through their actual rulebook, trying to understand how to react to unprecedented events in a way that doesn’t simply throw precedent out the window.

The standards of white supremecists have obviously fallen greatly. I don’t understand how a hispanic Catholic who hangs out with a black dude can be a white supremacist. White supremacists can’t maintain high standards. What’s this country coming to? /sarcasm
Elon Musk is an African-American... upsetting the scales.

JR

Matador's unattributed quote is from The Guardian, so no surprise they're covering for the Vijaya set. What proof is there that the released info has "failed to achieve its apparent goals?" The info has shown exactly what was asserted over the past few years and which was denied by Twitter.

The multiple mechanisms used to suppress users whose opinions were different from the very left-authoritarian views of most Tweeps and their TLA implants is quite the revelation. Then there are the multiple secret committees for implementation of those mechanisms when official rules weren't enough.

Why didn't The Guardian explain why DJT was banned while Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was not after he tweeted about the necessity of destroying the "malignant cancerous tumor" of Israel? Or why thousands of tweets ridiculing Trump were ok, but those making fun of Eric Swalwell's on-air fart must be shadow banned? Ridiculing politicians should always be allowed. When it isn't, you know you're going banana republic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back