Twitter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s good to have the Twitter files presented by Matt Taibbi in a journalistic manner. I’ve enjoyed reading him the last three to four years.

It’s also a hook to setup a Twitter account in order to get the information from Twitter since Matt is normally on Substack.

I see actors and others quitting Twitter and the. Immediately go back on know it’s their main publicity channel. Love or hate it, Twitter is here to stay.

When buying influences it makes sense to slide more to the administration in office.

Going back to FTX: SBF claims his GOP donations were similar in amount to his Dem donations, but all "dark"--ie, to organizations that are not required to report their donors. Apparently he thought being seen as a Republican donor would be bad for his image or some such.

Kanye's in the can again by the looks , I didnt pay much attention , Doing Heil Hitler saluts or something :)

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence. Account will be suspended,” Musk tweeted in a reply.

While I applaud what Elon is doing, I'm most curious to see what's in it for him.
it does not appear to be making money... BTW Musk does not have the spare time to spend on rehabbing Twitter. Odd that Twitter always ends up with part time CEOs. :unsure:
Going back to FTX: SBF claims his GOP donations were similar in amount to his Dem donations, but all "dark"--ie, to organizations that are not required to report their donors. Apparently he thought being seen as a Republican donor would be bad for his image or some such.
yup I saw that too while I am not sure it was in like amounts but he was surely trying to butter both sides of the toast to win regulatory favor.

==

I saw a long form interview with mainly soft ball questions (NBC/CNBC) and he appears to be more invested in managing appearances than actual business... He is being called mini-madoff and it fits.

JR

it does not appear to be making money...

That's the understatement of the year. 13 billion in debt, facing 1.2 billion payement for interests alone in 2023.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/dea...venue-drop-adds-heavy-debt-burden-2022-11-07/
Musk isn't the magic guy, as lots of people think. He just has a rich family and turns up in the right place at the right moment, like Tesla. He didn't start Tesla, but rolled in, drew some investors (icluding govt money) and was lucky.

The most recent interview with him, 2 hrs:

Elon has started releasing evidence of government manipulation of twitter. No big surprises but this is closer to the beginning than end of any investigation. I expect Meta, google, and more big tech icons will get dragged in.

JR

Last edited:
I expect Meta, google, and more big tech icons will get bragged in.
Hope so. Admitting in internal conversations that they can dial up or down a post's reach or spread is an important piece of evidence. Also, how essential was half of Twitter's workforce if the site is still up and seeing record use?

Last edited:
It doesnt appear that SBF has been honest about anything recently. I would take everything he says with great suspicion.

Looks like all of the "conspiracy theory" accusations about Twitter are turning out to be true. Interesting also that Vijaya Gadde has been hired by the DHS cyber censorship group she was working with while at Twitter.

As for Bankman-Fried, he seems willing to say or do anything to save his skin and outfits like NYT are, unsurprisingly, there to help him spread his sociopathic "explanation" for his fraudulent "mistakes."

Last edited:
Looks like all of the "conspiracy theory" accusations about Twitter are turning out to be true. Interesting also that Vijaya Gadde has been hired by the DHS cyber censorship group she was working with while at Twitter.
I am still waiting for 60 minutes to do a show on Hunter's influence pedaling, and apologize to Trump for dismissing it to his face before the vote. Waiting but not holding my breath.
As for Bankman-Fried, he seems willing to say or do anything to save his skin and outfits like NYT are, unsurprisingly, there to help him spread his sociopathic "explanation" for his fraudulent "mistakes."
Interesting that crypto is not regulated yet, but these purveyors are begging to be regulated... Trying to cash in on some of those political contributions.

JR

PS; Interesting how coordinated the bot-like cut and paste attacks against Matt Taibbi for his role in disseminating the smoking gun twitter information. Multiple people made the almost identical claim that he was doing PR for the worlds richest man..... These guys all got the exact same talking point (human bots).

It doesnt appear that SBF has been honest about anything recently. I would take everything he says with great suspicion.
Hey, as the Bard once said (I believe it was the Bard anyway), “I report, you decide.”

Looks like all of the "conspiracy theory" accusations about Twitter are turning out to be true.

I could care less, unless:

1.There was illegal activity going-on. If that’s the case, I continue to quietly wait patiently for an indictment, trial, and conviction; or plea deal.

2. There’s nothing illegal that happened but there’s very serious things that need to be illegal. In that case, I absolutely expect some true bipartisan talks of and legal updates actually happening.

Otherwise, there’s still nothing but typical politics on both sides behind all this. New technology is just a new slimy angle for them. Tomorrow it’ll be something else.

Altering the outcome of elections is not "typical politics"... Indeed I can wait for the house investigations, rather than repeat the well known allegations.

Indictments and prosecutions would have to come from Garland's DOJ so I am not optimistic about him pursuing this aggressively.

Not all crimes get prosecuted, just look and NYC and LA

JR

Altering the outcome of elections is not "typical politics"...
ummmmmm, haven't I called you on this silliness before? Kissinger in secret talks with the VC? HW Bush & the Iranians in '80? The carefully timed release of supposedly newly unearthed "emails" in 2016 that amounted to diddley-squat? The H. Biden laptop itself, which shows clear evidence of being manipulated and whose provenance is dubious at best?

It's only wrong when the other guys do it, amiright, John?

Them grapes are still tasting mighty sour to you, aren't they?

I could care less, unless:

1.There was illegal activity going-on. If that’s the case, I continue to quietly wait patiently for an indictment, trial, and conviction; or plea deal.

Indictment by the complicit administrative state? The DHS Department of Disinformation?

2. There’s nothing illegal that happened but there’s very serious things that need to be illegal. In that case, I absolutely expect some true bipartisan talks of and legal updates actually happening.
What has happened is similar to regulatory capture, but in reverse. Government is prohibited from performing certain activities so it "partners" with and outsources the dirty deeds to compliant private sector actors in exchange for oversight of regulation (in the "I see nothing" sense of the word). We used to have a meaningful term for such collaboration, but that has been hijacked of late as a perjorative in millions of ad hominem arguments.

Summary: you should be worried.

Otherwise, there’s still nothing but typical politics on both sides behind all this. New technology is just a new slimy angle for them.
Right. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Tomorrow it’ll be something else.

We call it the slippery slope. By the time you wake up it will be far to late.

Latest posts

Back