U47 MICROPHONE BODY | LA-2A CHASSIS P2P | MECHANICS OF HIGH QUALITY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a thing of beauty and most people who buy them will never understand how much effort it has taken to make it happen.
Really excellent work dude!
scx

But why did the LA2A chassis become more expensive all of a sudden?
They used to be 149 + shipping?

I mean that's 13% up - can you explain why that is?
I was also interested in one a couple of weeks back but when I saw the
price increase I hesitated...

I actually wanted to ask earlier but forgot about it  ;)

Someone told me only original style VU meters will fit this chassi. Is this true? I know Studio Electronics have new replacement Sifam meters. but is there another way to get them? Grateful for any advice!

The Studio Electronics Teletronix meter is a Sifam AL 29 in disguise, and they definitely fit with no modification. (I speak from my own experience with them.)  The Sifam AL 29 will fit as well and are (as I am sure you are aware) less expensive.  Every "original" or clone part for an LA-2A compressor is becoming more and more rare as time goes by.
Everyday you linger on your decisions for parts, you loose your opportunity to keep your build as authentic looking and sounding as it could be. Arguably, the real heart of an LA-2A is the T4 -A-B-C. and the original UREI ones are gone.  I think David Kulka at Studio Electronics my have one or two left.

My advise to you is this; If you've set your course and budget for an LA-2A build, (and plan to build at least 2) then remember, the faint heart never won the fair lady!

Best wishes to you in your efforts!  LA-2As are, most assuredly, a very rewarding build!

Sorry I've build 2 LA2A with this wonderful case, The meter is Sifam AL39 WF no 29.....
Ciao!

cadsound said:
The Studio Electronics Teletronix meter is a Sifam AL 29 in disguise, and they definitely fit with no modification. (I speak from my own experience with them.)  The Sifam AL 29 will fit as well and are (as I am sure you are aware) less expensive.  Every "original" or clone part for an LA-2A compressor is becoming more and more rare as time goes by.
Everyday you linger on your decisions for parts, you loose your opportunity to keep your build as authentic looking and sounding as it could be. Arguably, the real heart of an LA-2A is the T4 -A-B-C. and the original UREI ones are gone.  I think David Kulka at Studio Electronics my have one or two left.

My advise to you is this; If you've set your course and budget for an LA-2A build, (and plan to build at least 2) then remember, the faint heart never won the fair lady!

Best wishes to you in your efforts!  LA-2As are, most assuredly, a very rewarding build!

Thanks for the input! I'll check that meter (but 39 instead of 29 as Fungo mentioned). This is my first P2P build and I really look forward to it! Just as with the chassi I'll go for quality parts and won't try to save money on the important stuff, and I won't rush this build but instead will try to keep everything tidy and safe. I'm also getting good help from someone that has already built a few P2P LA2s, so no worries :)

My deepest apologies as I should have said AL39 not the 29.  Oooops!  In any case, having built 3 LA-2As, I still want to build a couple more!

Hi There!

beautiful Chassis! Are they still ready to Ship? I really want one.

Hi,

Very nice body, is there a prototype ?

I believe the pictures a renders from a drawing program ?

Kind regards DJN

djn111 said:
Hi,

Very nice body, is there a prototype ?

I believe the pictures a renders from a drawing program ?

Kind regards DJN

Hi,

is not a render, are pictures of the prototype of the microphone body, available soon.
We accept pre-orders we are evaluating the production time.

Anthony

Hi Anthony can you give us more details? Like basket specs internal construction.
The photos look amazing!

Regards,

Pierre

Latest posts

Back