U47-style bodies - who can make one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frederikkofoed said:
Do you have an estimated time you think the mic bodies are ready for sale?

Let me think about that...

IF everything goes to plan:

The factory receives my samples next week.

They produce two headbaskets, and ship them to me the following week.

I get the new headbaskets the third week out and approve.

Production begins.

White Market thread opens, and buying begins while bodies are being produced.

Production time has been estimated at one month (I this is VERY optimistic on their part).

Mic bodies are shipped to me, and go through [ominous music]U.S. customs[/ominous music].

I box and ship to buyers.

There is always something that could go wrong at every stage, and I'm prepared for a little turbulence.
Best case, buying can start in 3 weeks.
Realistic case, buying can start in 4 weeks.
Even more realistic case, buying can start in 5–6 weeks.

But honestly, I don't know...there have been so many surprises so far...I expect more to come.

I'd like to acknowledge an anniversary: We're coming up on 1.5 years since this thread started. Good things come to those who wait.

Because I'm in no rush, I'd be stoked to get mic bodies by Labor Day. I personally don't think that's being unreasonable. But yeah, who knows exactly when?

Soeren_DK said:
Will the G7 pcb still wit the mic design?

Cheers
Soren

The idea is to get pretty close to the u47 dimensions, a g7 pcb will pretty sure fit in. But there are other designs around which are more close to a u47 like the mk7. Did anyone have a look into andreas grosser vf14 replacements ? I know some berlin studio guys who keep the vf14 in the shelf for resale and use grossers replacement. Actually I think it's transistor based. might be also a way to go.

nicholas

Well, the mesh samples I sent the factory arrived 2.5 weeks later than they were supposed to.

I paid extra for USPS priority international, which is supposed to take 6 business days.
It took 18 business days. WTF USPS?

Anyway, now we're nearly 3 weeks behind my little "schedule" a few posts above.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone can ever really live up to the expectations they create as far as deadlines go.
I think EVERY single person/company I've worked with on this project has failed to meet the expectations they created...
with one exception...
the GDIY members!

Everyone give themselves a big pat on the back for being cool!
Cheers, mates.

Looks really nice.

Definitely want one when they're ready.

2 questions though, sorry if this has been answered already, I have read the thread but may have missed it…………

Firstly is it possible to get it with a matte instead of chrome finish on the head assembly?

Also will the head have a hole cut to show the polar pattern?

Like in the pic here:  http://groupieblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/u47.jpg

Cheers
Keith

I got a new headbasket in the mail yesterday.

I have approved this sample and given the go-ahead for mass production.

Shop opening soon.

This will be worth the wait. What is the limit going to be per person? I originally signed up for 2 I think, but if it's allowed I'm thinking about doing 2 pairs, one pair with M7 capsules and one pair with K47 capsules. That would be the best.

Back