U47-style bodies - who can make one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pictures are awesome.

Skylar, you deserve major, major kudos. Amazing work, start...to finish.
Absolut'.. I can't wait to see the white thread, and realize the delivery.
Darrick.

WOW those pics look amazing, I've never been more excited about a DIY project. So how many people are planning on doing a point to point version as opposed to the Gyraf or MK7 kit? It could be cool to make a easy to follow wiring layout of the original schematic for these bodies. I'll try to put one up if I can, or somebody who knows more than me can take it on. There's not too many parts in there, shouldn't be too hard. My main concern is mounting the transformer. I'm think about using the Cinemag CM-2461NiCo, anybody have any other BV8 transformer replicas they recommend?

Ian said:
WOW those pics look amazing, I've never been more excited about a DIY project. So how many people are planning on doing a point to point version as opposed to the Gyraf or MK7 kit? It could be cool to make a easy to follow wiring layout of the original schematic for these bodies. I'll try to put one up if I can, or somebody who knows more than me can take it on. There's not too many parts in there, shouldn't be too hard. My main concern is mounting the transformer. I'm think about using the Cinemag CM-2461NiCo, anybody have any other BV8 transformer replicas they recommend?

A p2p version would be preferable for me, the one Skylar did was very impressive and neat. I'd stick with that.

Skylar,

glad to see that you've made it !!! The bodies look stunning ! Huge respect ! I'm looking forward to ordering a couple from you ! Cheers. Piotr.

Great! :D

[EDIT: Skylar, I really hope you don't think I'm doubting your QC skills! If so, I'm sorry. It's just that it would be terrible at this stage with any mistakes, and, ah well... Nevermind. SO... Thanks for your *enormous* effort, INCREDIBLE!!! You've really nailed the essence of the 47 IMHO! And I'm so looking forward to ordering a pair!  ;)]

Sklyar,

They are beautiful! My only question is what are you going to do with all those screws I sent you a year ago  ;) Again, kudos, soooo worth the wait! Any plans to do a PSU case to match it as well?

Cheers

Matt

I might just get a bunch of PSU cases from Hammond.
I've got a sample, and it's very well made like everything from Hammond.

Good, a nice PSU box would be a lovely match. 

I'm glad you're happy with the bodies.  I wasn't sure what to expect when you switched manufacturers, my fingers are still crossed...  It has taken a while but as all have said, will certainly be worth it to get something quality -- and -- up to the true -47 specs!  That's been the goal all along and I'm 100% behind you on that.  Cheers and well done!  :)

Latest posts

Back