U47xfet PCB from UTM / IGS?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my kits yesterday. What are you guys using in place of BC560/BC550? These transistors are no longer available (at least not in N America).

Semiconductors on ebay are always a crap shoot. Good luck!!
Good to know. Seller has 99.9% positive approval rating for whatever that is worth. Price was good anyway. I had not heard of Reichelt before and actually assumed it was an ebay seller! Bookmarking their site for future reference. Great price there too for these transistors.

Does anyone know what type of capacitors for:
"100p C500S 2 C12, C13"
I get 100pf and I can see I need axial leads, but voltage? type? Film?

Does anyone know which two of the three holes these capacitors are supposed to mount to? Please see attached photo. I circled one of them in red. There are two like this. C9 and C4. Across from each other.

Attachments

• PCB.jpg
    PCB.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Does anyone know which two of the three holes these capacitors are supposed to mount to? Please see attached photo. I circled one of them in red. There are two like this. C9 and C4. Across from each other.
The hole on the right, and either of the holes on the left, the left holes connected by the line telling you they go to the same place.

Sorry to keep posting on this thread, but I'm in the midst of this project and keep running into questions.
I had originally planned to use the two flat 47 capsules I just got from Soliloqueen (Arienne Audio), but I hate to waste a diaphragm and put them into a cardioid only mic. I don't really see any way of putting a switch in this tiny body either. Not much real estate in there. I'm thinking of maybe using the TSB-1 capsules from JLI since they are cardioid only and save the flat 47's for different project like maybe a pair of G7s...
Has anyone ever tried to retrofit a jumper or switch into something like this?

but I hate to waste a diaphragm and put them into a cardioid only mic
Haha, that's what always bothers me, too! I am trying to learn to just deal with the guilt. That flat K47 is so nice that even using just one side is still worth the money.

I believe that the TSB-1 would be the wrong capsule. You would need a "flatter" one, such as Neumann K103. But if it sounds good to you then that should be all that matters.

I finished my pair of 47FETLB mics this weekend. I haven't had a chance to do any real recording with them yet, but preliminary testing shows them functioning and sounding pretty good. I'm using TSC-1 cardiod-only capsules for now. I have a pair of flat 47's from Arienne, but I don't want to waste the back diaphragm on them on a cardiod-only circuit so I'm going to save them for a multi-pattern project. The two ribs inside the mic body need to be ground off for these PCBs to fit, by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_105308.jpg
    IMG_20230423_105308.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230506_171255.jpg
    IMG_20230506_171255.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230506_172110.jpg
    IMG_20230506_172110.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230506_180116.jpg
    IMG_20230506_180116.jpg