We really need to start having a serious conversation about this....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly no serious conversation...
Only because you present no factual or rational basis for your mostly ludicrous assertions about a country you've apparently never visited and people you've never lived among. And then you have the gall to tell one of those same people that they don't know their own country as well as you do! What a gas.

"Actual" history. I live in the South. I know enough to know that a lot of white Southerners' idea of "actual history" ignores things like, umm, actual history. Like the actual words of people they seek to defend. Like actual events and the motivations that led to them. "Actual history" translates to "the story certain white people want to tell about the past because it makes them feel better about themselves. "
Reminded me of this a little

Attachments

• history.jpg
    history.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
Only because you present no factual or rational basis for your mostly ludicrous assertions about a country you've apparently never visited and people you've never lived among. And then you have the gall to tell one of those same people that they don't know their own country as well as you do! What a gas.
You ASSume a lot. I've travelled the world, my friend. It seems you haven't.

You ASSume a lot. I've travelled the world, my friend. It seems you haven't.
I have been to Europe, Asia, and Israel. My ex was Cantonese and my wife is from the Philippines. My work colleagues and friends came from all over the world and I enjoyed talking to them about their home, their culture, and their experiences in the USA. Try again.

But the point was not about other countries, rather it was your experience here in the US which you AssUMe so much about that is plainly wrong. How long have you lived in the US and where have you been here?

It is a tired old strategy to try to weaken an argument by discrediting the speaker.

This is discourteous and disrespectful...

I am confident we all have more in common than what divides us. It is a modern political strategy to amplify our differences to keep us distracted from the grift going on in plain sight.

JR

For the record I am only trying to understand the basis for living sounds' assertion that he knows more about my home country than I do when he is not (and apparently never has been) a citizen or long term resident here.

For the record I am only trying to understand the basis for living sounds' assertion that he knows more about my home country than I do when he is not (and apparently never has been) a citizen or long term resident here.
IT DOES NOT MATTER..... Do you realize the time and effort wasted by this dance.

JR

The narcissism on display here from you is staggering. I'm done talking to you.
Your choice. Projection is a thing. I guess you really haven't any experience living in the US or you'd simply tell us and lend more credence to your claims. Asking relevant questions isn't narcissism, but claiming knowledge beyond one's experience is a symptom.

I like the brewery. I was an anthropology major in undergraduate school, and it (the brewery) gives me great insights into human psychology and sociology.

Last edited:
giphy-downsized.gif

Back