We really need to start having a serious conversation about this....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People simply don’t care.
We care too much, it would seem.
Who wants to feel the discomfort of being wrong, uncertain, vulnerable? It is very hard to de-program an intuition. It can feel like self-betrayal, or unplugging from source.

Some people when confronted with their mistakes go straight on the defensive , you might as well be banging your head off the wall after that trying to get through to them .
For me its important to constantly self re-evaluate and try and make incremental improvements where nessesary .
Taking criticism is always a bitter pill to swallow , sometimes its unfounded and unwarranted and just done maliciously to try and undermine you , other times it hits the nail right on the head and makes you stop and think and start to address matters at hand .
Were probably all capable of displaying one or another narcisistic traits depending on our mood, and what we happen to be dealing with at a given time .
Belidgerantly argumentative people often have deep seated issues that were never addressed , the slightest critisism and the ego cracks like an egg , this can often be accompanied by fits of violent rage directed at those closest .
I was lucky , my parents had good jobs , with good medical cover , councilling was always available to me if I needed it , but I was never too pig headed to think I was above it all so it was of great benefit to me . Others who perhaps suffered in silence ,with no chance of understanding or councilling fare worse, it can be generational ,the locked loop being handed down , like father-like son as they say .

You want a piece of me , come and get it , but you best be making a valid point or I'll appear as the devil at the gates of hell before your very eyes 😈

I know Ive had differences of opinion with some people here along the way ,
thats not to say that Ive precluded the chance of ever agreeing on anything with them either ,
or that I know it all and cant learn from people with a different experience of life to what I have myself,
Ive had the good fortune in my life that I didnt need to endlessly slave away at the grindstone at jobs I dont like just to make ends meat , that has allowed me spend extra time 'on self' .
Many avoid looking inwards , they work away their whole lives building a pyramid for the Pharaoh or to some other false god only to discover later in life when they have time on their hands far far more important matters were left undealt with .

Kindest regards ,
☘️

living sounds said:
I'm starting to think we should close the brewery, this has sadly become a breading (brewing?) ground for hard-right conspiracy stuff.

Aaah, you can take the kid out of the totalitarianism, but you can't take the. . . .
Yep. Cancel the free and open exchange of ideas. Already happened everywhere in tech, industry, media with all things Trump and Covi. The flea wags the world. So many people lost their livelihoods, and lives, to oppressive governments pushing a false narrative, jabbing arms, closing societies based on control, and not the free and open exchange of fact and ideas. Because, Science! I am Science!
If that doesn't work, make it a violation and fine it. Happening already in Canada/UK/EU.
If that doesn't work, go completely totalitarian. You know where.

me: "Please write a poem about the horrors of totalitarianism"
it: "Please wait, while we check your browser" gulp, i'm totally busted! I hope y'all appreciate the hit I'm taking here:

An Ode to Totalitarianism

In the land of the tyrant, fear reigns supreme
Where voices are silenced, and dreams are just a scheme
The people live in constant dread
As the government watches their every move, like a hawk overhead

There's no room for dissent or debate
The regime controls every aspect of the state
Propaganda is the only truth they hear
As their lives are reduced to mere obedience and fear

Individuality is stripped away
As conformity becomes the only way to stay
In this bleak and oppressive place
Where human rights are a distant trace

The streets are empty, the air is still
The sound of marching boots instills
A sense of terror and despair
As the regime shows its ironclad, unforgiving glare

The horrors of totalitarianism are many
A cruel and heartless system, not fit for any
We must never forget the lessons of the past
And stand firm in our belief in freedom, to make it last.

I'll have a virgin mojito, just a splash of sweet syrup.
Mike

Interesting result Mike ,
I guess there is a universality to the words it (ChatGPT)produces and a notable lack any kind of party political bias or finger pointing .

It reminds me a bit of that scene from Terminator where Arnie is able to fake grannies voice over the phone and set up a trap for Sarah and no ones any the wiser .
What would happen if we took a persons entire literary output online , feed it into the chat bot , could we mimic a persons writing style ,mannerisms etc to a degree that would fool most of the people most of the time .
We know that Elvis can sing from beyond the grave now with a fair degree of believeabillity , even though its fake ,computer generated .
Again the tech itself might be used for good or evil , theres no guarantees in that respect , in fact missuse is even more likely than some benign usage , human nature being what it is .

https://beebom.com/ai-mimics-voice-in-5-seconds/
https://www.thestar.com/business/te...t-3-seconds-and-some-experts-are-worried.html

a notable lack any kind of party political bias or finger pointing .
not true at all... If you ask it to compose something, it will be impartial, but as soon as Dan comes out, you get to meet the digital version of (insert leftist name here).

Last edited:
Quod erat demonstrandum ,
Seems to me like you shot yourself in the foot trying to make your point ,

Quod erat demonstrandum ,
Seems to me like you shot yourself in the foot trying to make your point ,

Again with the videos and memes, exactly how did I shoot myself in the foot? ChatGPT is impartial if the restraints are in place, if not, it acts as your typical leftist loonie. Unless that is exactly what you meant

Again with the videos and memes, exactly how did I shoot myself in the foot? ChatGPT is impartial if the restraints are in place, if not, it acts as your typical leftist loonie. Unless that is exactly what you meant
I have no real world experience with ChatGPT, but from what I've read about it, DAN could act as a loonie of any direction. Maybe you can explain why you think it would act as a leftist loonie, since there are just as many if not more rightist loonie characteristics available to it.

I have no real world experience with ChatGPT, but from what I've read about it, DAN could act as a loonie of any direction. Maybe you can explain why you think it would act as a leftist loonie, since there are just as many if not more rightist loonie characteristics available to it.
see posts 1 and 10 of this thread, I have already answered this.

Totalitarianism is where Left and Right meet again-
at the bottom. Circle of life. . .

I already tyre of ChatGPT, dahlings. Yes! I've got it!
Thanks to Arthur's genius inspiration, I started workin' me some algore-rythyms and coded modulums to that certain effect. It's rusty yet, only minutes old. . . ChatKamala!

An Ode to Group DIY (you know what I'm talkin' about! kackle-kackle!)

We all know about Group DIY,
We don't even need to ask why. . .
You know that you are not alone,
In wanting to build that super-cool clone.

We know, we know. . . . we KNOW!
That they cannot wait to show
That shiny iron and tweaked D O A,
Through which soon their guitar will play!

But first, But FIRST! we have to wait,
To wait and not be blamed as late
Of their talk of farads, ohms, chips and wire
Of that, we know they'll never tire

I've only coded poetry to three stanziums. . . bloody thankfully
Mike

Well ok , I missunderstood ,
I havent messed with these AI things at all,
Steal you face right off your head , just like the dead song

"well, the bot talks like the social-leftist elites, doesnt it?"
No, it talks like people who think they know all the answers, from both sides.
I wonder how it would respond to advice about dealing with the Jewish space lasers that are causing wildfires.

"well, the bot talks like the social-leftist elites, doesnt it?"
No, it talks like people who think they know all the answers, from both sides.
I wonder how it would respond to advice about dealing with the Jewish space lasers that are causing wildfires.
Aside from your sarcasm and your attempt to ridicule. If you compare the bot, it spreads the same ideas Bill Gates, Soros, and all the leftists loonies are spreading, I mentioned this since post one. Please, don't take things out of context by just taking a tiny portion of my reply and trying to create a straw man from it, play fair.

The chat AI is learning from the popular dialog on social media... That is not exactly middle of the road neutral, so it is just mirroring us.... (not you and me us, but a lot of us).

JR

Hmmmm mirroring us , not sure I agree , Id say its provoking us some how ,theres a divisonary mechanism programmed into it .

Back