We really need to start having a serious conversation about this....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because these arguments appear silly, but I prefer to see these harmless pursuits than typical topics in the social media scrum these days.

JR
I too find them silly because these off-topic arguments seem to arrive by way of purposely trying to ignore and distract from the original point of why they were brought up in the first-place… Your analogy doesn’t work because this semantic or that semantic… Is a disingenuous, purposely, into-the-weeds -argument, to refuse to say, you-may-possibly-be-right-there, and is far too common around here.

I too find them silly because these off-topic arguments seem to arrive by way of purposely trying to ignore and distract from the original point of why they were brought up in the first-place… Your analogy doesn’t work because this semantic or that semantic… Is a disingenuous, purposely, into-the-weeds -argument, to refuse to say, you-may-possibly-be-right-there, and is far too common around here.
And the best way to respond to such arguments is to ignore them.

Cheers

Ian

It's called trolling - done by those who consider themselves masterbaiters. The fish who bite are called suckers.

As noted above, best to ignore, though it's hard sometimes when the content seems so ignorant and stupid.

It's called trolling - done by those who consider themselves masterbaiters. The fish who bite are called suckers.

As noted above, best to ignore, though it's hard sometimes when the content seems so ignorant and stupid.
My mistake… I’ve been here trying to engage with genuine open-mindedness (that definition truly applies well here) and not realizing there’s plenty here just trying to spout the latest-rant they heard on 24-hour “news” or any other purposefully, polarizing, entertainment-opinion platform -for money.

In fact, it was just yesterday that I realized that’s how this whole thread started; after hearing my local conservative radio-station (left-on after the every-10-minute, morning-rush local traffic & weather, sprinkled with some National ABC News) spouting-off extremist-right-wing sentiment on AI. I’m sure Tucker Carlson is spitting this stuff daily too. Haven’t checked.

So you’re right… Hook. Line. And sinker. -Is all this whole thread has been.

Last edited:

More assumptions about motive. Or is it projection? In any case, you participate and often in a puerile way, so how does that make your "observations" better than anyone else's?

More assumptions about motive. Or is it projection? In any case, you participate and often in a puerile way, so how does that make your "observations" better than anyone else's?
Didn't say they were, but of course I couldn't expect you especially to comprehend that.

I'm rubber, you're glue; whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Oh shit, there I go being puerile again, and now profanity too.

And here I am the sucker too - I just can't win.:cry:

Looking back to the Ireland of around 40 or more years ago , between every small neighbouring town and village town there were rivalries , which is the best at hurling/ football / rugby , who are the most pious , who are the toughest , who poorest who are the richest , it goes on and on ,
The headmaster in the school and the priest had their nose in everyones business , they actively divided the people on a daily basis , its was very much a class based divide , difference in skin tone wasnt an issue back then . What was the issue to a larger extent was which side your family ended up after the civil war . You had the working class people , they typically held out longer in the hope of a united Ireland , the more middle class people were the ones who got or were inline for the public sector jobs ,a job for life , so were more inclined to be pro-treaty .

One of the things the headmaster used do every once in a while was go around the class and ask people their fathers profession , this is during the early to mid 80's.
People with the state jobs , even though the pay wasnt great they had job security ,
The big industry in my part of the world collapsed , Ford's ,Dunlops, and the steel industry gone in the space of a few years , many thousands of blue collar workers lost their jobs .
The headmaster knew well what peoples dads did , he didnt need to ask , but the reason he did was it was a chance to humilliate and denigrate , the treatment inevitably made the working class kids angry , it set up an 'us and them' mentality, cooked it in . It clearly demonstrated to the poor kids and their families they could not rely on the law , in a way the system was teaching them to take matters into their own hands , never rely on the police ,
The more middle class people on the other hand would have recourse to the law , or at least they had the money to get a solicitor if things went badly wrong .

Looking back on the situation now , with 40 years more experience under my belt I can see things more clearly , children who's families complained of abuse at the hands of a teacher or a priest or even a cop were targeted , the kids were deprived of an education , called stupid , slapped around and abused , told to keep their mouth shut or they go to jail . In some cases if a bad report went back home the kid feared much more what daddy would do to them than the headmaster .
It was a brutal regime by anyones standards , sometimes younglads in their teens were picked up by the cops , driven out to a woods a few miles away . They were made take their shoes off , beaten on the soles of their feet and if they were lucky they found their shoes in the road on the walk home If the state is doing that to you , how in the hell are you ever supposed to believe in it ?
Years later its apparent many of the boys who were picked on in my school fared very much worse ,

In the interviening years I had a chance to catch up with few school mates and people I used hang around with back in the day , I got a chance to ask them about the bad old days , what was really going on between the working class neighbourhoods and the cops , its very clear to me now it was an attempt to divide/control .

I think theres very little difference between the nasty old headmaster/priest/state and the new world A.I. ,its using the same algorythm ,but its on a global scale ,
Its sets everyone against everyone ultmately ,until the job is done ,
WW3 is a mindgame and its happeneing right now ,
wake up and smell the coffee .
The smart phone is the biggest step towards human slavery we ever took on the road , even a blind man could tell you that .

Last edited:
On a bit of a tangent ,but the Irish defense forces are being hauled over hot coals here the last few days , theres all kinds of enquiries into physical and sexual abuse in the force ,
The allegations are very very serious and I dont mean to underplay anyones suffering .

I had a chat with my dad about all the goings on ,
He said to me , 'Do you think you can teach a person to put a bullet in someone without bullying them? '
its says a lot when you think about it .

Theres a great quote about Irish history just lately , Its a new Irish author , I forget his name , so I'll parraphrase it
Its words to the effect that the 'troubles' as we know them here was largely visited on the workingman and his family , the middle classes didnt have much perspective on what was really going on , or more likely were choosing not to look .

I get a little worried sometimes ,my equisite use of expletives might be catching on around here ,
I know that for many Americans especially ,it hurts their eyes to see any kind of cus ,
There is a time and place where the gloves have to come off , our intergalactic A.S.S. pal recently showed us that ,
Thing is , the less its used the more effective it is , Shhhhhhht :)
Were only being goaded into shooting over each others heads while the power makes off wif da goods ,

Back