whited sepulcher

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll say 3 pages.

But it's not something you can actually argue about. It's a bit ridiculous.

We're the ones who are getting played. The sooner folks realize that, the better. All theater.

Last edited:
Based on the little bit I’ve seen so far on local news, anyone NOT saying it’s different is just trying to play politics. I wait for more reporting that shows otherwise.

Based on the little bit I’ve seen so far on local news, anyone NOT saying it’s different is just trying to play politics. I wait for more reporting that shows otherwise.
Indeed. The schadenfreude is understandable, but these appear to be completely different issues.

In the Trump case it seems he himself knowingly and intentionally kept the documents and did not return them even after several requests, and in the Biden case it seems to have been purely negligence with the President himself being unaware and probably not personally involved and his lawyers following the law to the letter by returning the documents after they were found.

Indeed. The schadenfreude is understandable, but these appear to be completely different issues.
How do they "appear to be completely different" other than that the VP has no power to declassify?

In the Trump case it seems he himself knowingly and intentionally kept the documents and did not return them even after several requests, and in the Biden case it seems to have been purely negligence with the President himself being unaware and probably not personally involved and his lawyers following the law to the letter by returning the documents after they were found.
What proof do you or anyone else have that it was "purely negligence" or that he was "unaware" or "not personally involved?" Rather than leap to defend him, how about we wait for the facts to (maybe) come out first?

I'll bet a bunch of current and former government officials are doing some early spring house cleaning these days. We have seen many low level government officials, including military, have their careers ruined by lesser beefs than this.

I had a secret clearance back in the late 60s when I was working on the Navy DSRV program at MIT instrumentation lab.

JR

This latest ink blot test reveals the hypocrisy and double standards in main stream media.

It will be interesting to see how DOJ responds.

JR
How so? From what I can tell, so far, if this is the latest example of hypocrisy and double standards, so be it, because that demonstrates pure politics angling here to me; from what’s been reported so far. This would be the real latest blot test for when there really is hypocrisy and double standards. The Boy That Cried Wolf is real, alive, and well.

The difference: These documents were turned over upon discovery. Multiple subpoenas to turn over government property were not ignored.

The difference: These documents were turned over upon discovery. Multiple subpoenas to turn over government property were not ignored.
not to feed the political screed but these were discovered before the mid term elections, and kept quiet until safely after the vote.

==

According to some lawyers this is a strict liability matter so intent is not a factor. (I am not a lawyer either).

JR

not to feed the political screed but these were discovered before the mid term elections, and kept quiet until safely after the vote.

The information that the documents were turned over was withheld from the public. They were turned over to the National Archives upon discovery. That's a little different than claiming the documents belong to you and filing litigation (that failed).
==

According to some lawyers this is a strict liability matter so intent is not a factor. (I am not a lawyer either).

JR
Intent is what turns it into a criminal matter. Retaining government property is illegal but rarely prosecuted unless there is intent.

And more were discovered in his Delaware home garage and storage room. Purely accidental and not "irresponsible." Apply the same standard this time knowing that 1) VP has different privileges w.r.t. declassification and 2) these docs have been poorly secured for at least 6 years.

And more were discovered in his Delaware home garage and storage room. Purely accidental and not "irresponsible."
Both accidental and irresponsible are not intentional. The documents don't need to be classified for there to be an crime. Retaining government property is a crime. It's stealing. It's rarely prosecuted unless there is intent.

Latest posts

Back