Beesneez Microphones DIY Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I had been looking at the Beesneez U47-style bodies. Above the Equinox, pricewise, but noticeably below Flea. And with a solid steel sleeve to boot.
BTW, Max (ioaudio) recently told us he's working on a brass U47 body and an M7, too. Not to hijack, but to add, since this was about Max's MK47 set.

Oh, and thanks for the reply concerning the K67 price, Veronica. Now that you mention it, do I recall well that this version was also called K6? And if so, does it have something extra over a/the "regular" K67, including the (earlier) Beesneez?

Im Curious as well  , as I am pleased with the performance of the K7 capsule in the MK47 and MK7 mic .
I must say the Bees knees mic bodies are very Robust . They are Very heavy duty and extremely solid compared to the light weight Equinox Microphone Bodies .  I have a pair of 51mm bodies from Bees and I was just able to squeeze in a MK47 .
51mm bee body on the left / Equinox right

Attachments

• mics.jpg
    mics.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 161
Veronica,
Is there anywhere where you guys have posted some capsule comparison audio files? I know the K7 is the one the folks here are really into so far, but I'd certainly love to compare with your M7 as well, in any way possible.

Anyway, I also wanted to say you guys are awesome for hooking us folks up. Thanks!

Hi JW, we have many M7's in the market, however we do not have a M7 to K7 comparison, as we have yet to be asked for any. But now that we have we will do our best to get some ready. You would have us a couple of days.

We are happy to be here. It is actually fun, seeing you guys making cool stuff.

micaddict said:
Oh, and thanks for the reply concerning the K67 price, Veronica. Now that you mention it, do I recall well that this version was also called K6? And if so, does it have something extra over a/the "regular" K67, including the (earlier) Beesneez?

I have been saying K67 more for ease then anything, it is a K6, the main revision has been changes to the ring. We are alway improving and growing, so little things along the way.

Gevermill, your mic looks great. Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get in the MK47 into the 51mm body. The 60mm body would give that little bit more. I will post a sample later of a 60mm body with 2 rails. The 2 rails will make it easier to fit the build. The only cosmetic change in the 60mm with the 2 rails is the base is smaller.

Thanks, Veronica. One last question about the K6. Will it be tuned as brightly as an original Neumann K67 and with the 8Khz-or-so lift. I ask this because many if not most U67 knock-offs don't use the full de-emphasize circuit, and consequently some of the more recent (non-Neumann) K67-type capsules come with some "taming" built in. In other words, those are a little flatter. Of course, in our case, the fully bright thing would be called for. Well, Ben and you obviously know what they'll be used for here. Just to be sure.  :)

Yes, interesting also that the MK47 set will fit the narrower 51mm body.
And then there's also the Beesneez shorter body offerings. Most would pick the long body for a 47 project, but the MK47 is quite compact (as designed for the well-known, relatively short and fat, Chinese donor body) so there'll be some unused space in a long body. It would likely (?) fit in the short Beesneez 60mm diameter and maybe even in the short 51mm, too. FWIW.

Can you give a day or two notice before the end of the k67 special?
Trying to make a decision.
Welcome and glad you are here at the forum.
Dan

jonhunter said:
Hey
Thanks for that gevermil - I have been meaning to ask about those bodies in relation to the MK47

I need to stress that it was a tight fit , I had to modify the MK47 pcb board a bit to fit in the 51mm body.
So I suggest a 60mm body for the MK47 .
Although it is doable in the 51mm body if you want the smaller style
I can post some pics of what I did  8)

micaddict said:
Thanks, Veronica. One last question about the K6. Will it be tuned as brightly as an original Neumann K67 and with the 8Khz-or-so lift.

Yes, our K6 (K67) is identical sonically to the original Neumann.

Veronica and all -

I'm real - life friends with 'gevermil' (imagine that!), and swung by his basement lab to collaborate on his tape machine and hear the mic.

It sounds incredible. Amazing capsule.

I'll get a body and a capsule (or perhaps two - a M7 and a K67...) soon.

-marshall

Veronica does shipping increase much between 1 capsule or 2 to the USA.  I know its a much better savings when I ship cases to OZ but not sure if it matters much for smaller items.  I'm just trying to figure out what to order now. 

Thanks

I can't seem to find you M7 capsule on your Facebook store, are you still offering them to DIY community? Also, are there any audio samples of your two capsules?

I just ordered a pair of K67's!  Thanks

Maybe more later depending on how long you guys keep offering stuff in the WM!

Latest posts

Back