Beesneez Microphones DIY Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joelv said:
I can't seem to find you M7 capsule on your Facebook store, are you still offering them to DIY community? Also, are there any audio samples of your two capsules?

I guess i had better make it a little easier and put the M7 on the store:)  I will do that now. As for audio samples, i am trying to get that organised. We seem to be keeping really busy. I am sure that some of the guys will start posting samples as they get them in their mics. I have some M7's shipping out this week in order of those who ordered first.

dandeurloo said:
I just ordered a pair of K67's!  Thanks

Maybe more later depending on how long you guys keep offering stuff in the WM!

Hi Dan, got your order, thanks. I have not put a end date on how long i will stay on the WM, everyone has been so nice that i might hang around longer.

I might even have something really special for you all soon....hint....

As promised to make it easier for a U47 build here is a 60mm body with 2 rails, so it will be easier to attach a PCB. This body kit is also reduced to $399. Like all the Beesneez products it is made by us in Australia.

It can also be viewed or purchased by following either of the two links
http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=105

http://www.facebook.com/BeesNeez?v=app_139114646178872&app_data={%22transaction%22:%22view%22,%22id%22:%22c290fa08-fc51-5d7d-b4ae-0e4dba52e5d8%22}

Attachments

• 2 rails MBK.jpg
    2 rails MBK.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 74
Good news again, Veronica. Keep it coming!
No deadline on the body kit, either?

If memory serves, I've seen tooling steel and gun metal being used for Beesneez body sleeves. Now it's a "food grade bore casing". Brass like the current producer Series? In any case, it sounds solid and hefty again and if it's brass, it'll be a lot like the very first U47s that had brass rather than alumin(i)um. The latter material is better known for U47 bodies and it's what's on the Flea and Equinox copies, as well. Personally, I like some solidity.

While I'm at it, I read Beesneez has sourced the "original gun barrel material" for M7 capsules. In the same vein (i.e. using original or historic materials), will you be offering PVC for the membranes, too?

hi mic addict.

Yes you are right, we are using the original metal that was used by neumann.  The K67 we are doing for the group buy is made using this very material!!  Some say that the metal makes no difference; let me tell you that it does.  The metal we are using is better suited for these capsules.  We make them in brass too but prefer the original alloy.

We will also be introducing our capsules in the PVC vein too but this is not a release as of yet.

cheers.

ben

Some good news, we have been working hard and will have K6 (K67) capsules shipping next week, so if you have already ordered, they are not to far away.

Hi All, want to see a Pic?  Here is the K67, made from the original Bronze alloy that Neumann used in the original K67. 

We have made 55 K67 capsules this week so if you haven't ordered yet, get it touch and we'll put your name on one.

cheers.  ben.

Attachments

• k67 small.jpg
    k67 small.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 100
OK, one K6/K67 (historic alloy :) ) for me, please.

About the "47" DIY body kit. Perhaps I've missed it, but why the flat base? (I know there are two rails rather than three.)

micaddict said:
OK, one K6/K67 (historic alloy :) ) for me, please.

About the "47" DIY body kit. Perhaps I've missed it, but why the flat base? (I know there are two rails rather than three.)

We just wanted it to be slightly different. It also means that the base can be machined in one operation in our machine, making it easier for us to keep our prices down. Plus we like it.

I hope that you all have an exciting Friday night

Not quite night in this here hemisphere (hey there's a song there), but thanks and the same to you!

Ben and I are making more K6 capsules :)

Hey, no wrinkles, ya hear.
Just kidding. You can take that, can't you?
Must be fun to be able to make those together!

micaddict said:
I hope that you all have an exciting Friday night

Not quite night in this here hemisphere (hey there's a song there), but thanks and the same to you!

Ben and I are making more K6 capsules :)

Hey, no wrinkles, ya hear.
Just kidding. You can take that, can't you?
Must be fun to be able to make those together!

I will give it my best attempt, you guys never seem to like wrinkles (story of a womens life ;))

Yes we love working together, it is good that we like each other. I work faster than Ben, lol. That way i get to chat on forums at the same time.

we like each other

What a happy coincidence.  ;D

I work faster than Ben, lol.

Yes, as a rule women (and children, which can be less fortunate) are good at this kind of thing. Finer hands and such.
Hey, but Ben has "a couple" of strong points, too! Just give him my/our best. No reply needed. I'll leave you alone with them kay sixes.  :p

Latest posts

Back