Beesneez Capsules, CK12(new) K7, M7, K6, K8 and DIY Microphone Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mics said:
Thanks for the kind review of the ck12.  We do put many hours into these, we love them!  They're worth the effort as you are right, they sound so great.

Cheers

I look forward receiving mine... *salivating* :)

dmnieto said:
mics said:
Thanks for the kind review of the ck12.  We do put many hours into these, we love them!  They're worth the effort as you are right, they sound so great.

Cheers

I look forward receiving mine... *salivating* :)

I may be salivating, but please do not rush it ;) Make her pretty!

First time replacing a capsule, so a few questions. I ordered the K8 because it has isolated backplates per the description. My vintage U-87 has isolated backplates with 4 wires (very thick insulation between the two backplates). The K8 has 3 wires, and if I use a continuity tester I have conductance between the two backplates. So does the K8 work in the original 4 wire U-87 with full pattern selection? Also if the blackplates are insulated, should there be conductance between them?
Thanks!

rob61 said:
First time replacing a capsule, so a few questions. I ordered the K8 because it has isolated backplates per the description. My vintage U-87 has isolated backplates with 4 wires (very thick insulation between the two backplates). The K8 has 3 wires, and if I use a continuity tester I have conductance between the two backplates. So does the K8 work in the original 4 wire U-87 with full pattern selection? Also if the blackplates are insulated, should there be conductance between them?
Thanks!

Hi Robert, wow sorry for the mix up.  It looks like I sent you a k6 rather than a k8.  Pop it in the mail and I'll get a new one on the way tomorrow for you.  Thanks.  Ben

I've installed the K7 capsule in my MK7 build, that I ordered from Veronica, and It sounds really fantastic! I am still having some issues with the front amp circuit, but the back is working great, and I can tell this thing really sings! Thanks so much!

Edit: I've fixed the mk7 amp circuit and still love the capsule. Sounds great! I had a mix engineer recently send me an email while mixing some vocal tracks that I cut using this mic saying "... -- and I wanted to comment specifically on the tracks labeled "MK7". Whatever that mic is, it sounds killer! Just a great sounding mic."

Hi Veronica,
yesterday I have the chance to compare the Matador/Chunger C12 with your CK12 capsule and the capsule which I build in before in the studio.
What ca I say.
Sexy. :)
It was a night and day feeling.
As the singer performed the first tone, a shiver ran down my spine. (I hope I translate right. ;-) )
Really a wonderful capsule. Thank you.
Now the producer of the studio want my microphone.  ;D

Best wishes to Phelicity, I hope she get well.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi. I've just installed two Beesneez K7 capsules.
One was swapped out for the stock F47 capsule in a Flea U47 and the owner was very impressed and satisfied; he finally got the sound he wanted.
The other was installed in a clone i built!
They both sound GORGEOUS!
Best Regards,
Leer.

Hi so pleased that you are all loving the capsules. A new K7 batch is being completed right now and we will be shipping in the next 24 hours.

thanks,

I meant to mention I got my capsules installed in various mics - love them all!

I will be ordering even more at some point.
Thanks!

Hi, I know this has taken a while, but we wanted to make sure it was all perfect and we moved back in to our factory in Australia. Here is our ELA M body with Poctops board in it. The base still needs to be nickel plated, which is happening today and I have more bodies being powder coated at the moment. Orders will be shipping soon and I have a few spares for those that would still like them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 149
Your elam 251 looks fantastic! I am saving up for one, if it is still available.  I have finished my u47 with ef14 build using your k7, and I love it also. Thanks for all you do!

Latest posts

Back