• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap DIY microphone bodies (ALL SOLD!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used ordinary 2 component epoxy cement. Nothing special! And I never had a problem with the contact between the mesh and the tube.

RuudNL said:
I think the size (inner diameter 45 mm, length 215 mm) will fit all designs.
If you would like to make extra holes for a pattern switch, be my guest...
At the moment they are available just as they are now.
They are laser cut by a metal factory.
I don't have the intention to have a second batch produced.

Unfortunately, I have now realized that the microphone bodies don't fit matador's C12 design. Width wise it should, but with the bolts to link the bottom and capsule holder it is impossible to fit it. Length wise it does not fit either, because of the space taken by the XLR connector in the bottom the capsule holder goes about 1cm above the openings for the grill. :(

Has anybody managed to fit it? Is there any other project I could use these bodies for?

The bodies were not specifically designed for Matador's C12, but for a solid state (FET) microphone.
I suppose the size of the PCB is the problem in your case.

Hey,

thanks for the bodies. They are really great for the money. Awesome in fact.

Could you not make any money selling more of these?  They are so simple and charming

Michael

Just wondering.... Did anyone used this body for his project? Which desing would be appropriate for this body?
I was thinking something fet .... as for first mic project...
any suggestions?
thanks!

Hi Ruud,

This is the tube mic I have done with the mic body you sent me.. It's based on the G7 and it's Eric's capsule..

If you are planning to make another batch I will be in!!

Thanks

Attachments

• Ruud_Mic (1 sur 1).jpg
    Ruud_Mic (1 sur 1).jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Back