• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap DIY microphone bodies (ALL SOLD!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here is a summary of the reactions:

muffy 1972  2 x
wolan42      2 x
fred            1 x
e.oelberg    1 x
dribo          2 x
NorthernLight 1 x
saint gillis  2 x
Leer            1 x

Total: 12 x

The coming week I will try to check the shipping costs for everybody and send a PM to the persons who have reacted.
After that you can always decide if it will be a definitive yes or no.

I prefer the look of the red body. Those brass ones don;t look great. Kinda cheap looking

My two cents.

I prefer the look of the red body.
Keep in mind that the aluminium bodies are  blank aluminium.
This leaves the color/surface treatment to the end user.
You can have them powdercoated, or spraypaint them.
I did powdercoat them for private use, with the result on the picture.

I'm not sure how many I'll end up getting but it will for sure be at least 1 possibly as many as 3 or 4.... However, I have a question, what is the radius &/or the diameter?

- Does anyone know, off hand, if the BIG Ugly Royer mod boards (originally used to drop into the MXL 2001 chassis) will fit in the fantastic looking mic bodies?

- Has anyone tried figuring out a way to do a C12 point 2 point in this chassis?

any input is very much appreciated! Thanks to everyone who is making DIY possible :D

Any offering for fat one...ie: u47 style? (60mm)

Packages for Fred, Wolan42, Leer, Dribro, Muffy1972, e.oelberg and Nothernlight are shipping:

http://www.vansteenissoftware.nl/receipt.jpg

Back