covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DISCLAIMER: This is not medical advise.TALK TO A LICENSED PHYSICIAN. This is purely anecdotal.
Thank you for sharing all the anecdotal info. It fully echoes what we get in Japan as info in all long-established major newspapers. Always followed by reminders that going unvaccinated is putting oneself (and indirectly society as a whole) at risk.

__
Meanwhile France is ramping up for the coming season by securing infrastructure. Example:

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/france-gets-tough-on-unvaccinated-health-workers.html

Thank you for sharing all the anecdotal info. It fully echoes what we get in Japan as info in all long-established major newspapers. Always followed by reminders that going unvaccinated is putting oneself (and indirectly society as a whole) at risk.

__
Meanwhile France is ramping up for the coming season by securing infrastructure. Example:

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/france-gets-tough-on-unvaccinated-health-workers.html
The security guard at the hospital (early 30s with no prior health concerns) just died of covid-d. Unvaccinated. Leaves behind a pregnant wife and a 2 year old. He'd be alive if there were at least hospital wide mandates in place. But hell, there's ICU nurses that see this everyday and aren't vaccinated because of freedom or some delusion. IT'S insane. Most I have met are being pressured not to vaccinate at home.

There was a moment early on in the pandemic, back when in california was starting lock downs, I actually thought maybe the country would pull together and actually do something good. But it lasted about a week before it became political warfare and deaths were dismissed or weaponized. I'll never forgive Trump for not wearing a mask. Now people outside of hospitals are protesting ventilators because so many people who end up on ventilators are dying. (correlation=causation) My wife has had patients rip her mask down and spit in her face. She's had family members threaten her and spit on her. She's seen a man refusing to lie down, hypoxic and turning blue, mutter his last words, "you can't tell me what to do". Which is different because usually it's asking for the vaccine.

But hey football's back.

Most I have met are being pressured not to vaccinate at home.

“Several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please, please don’t let anybody know that I got this vaccine.’”
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...users-dont-want-blue-americas-respect/619627/
It's sad. My wife is now completely estranged from most of her unvaccinated family because of this (and because of the orange baboon too, of course.)

That's OK - I am a dickhead. Many doctors are, due to having to deal with patients. :LOL:
...and I would assume this would make the situation worse. Also, this nut-job was "befriended" by Michael Flynn and Lyn Wood. The hospital had to bring in extra security detail because of TRUMP SYCOPHANTS. I used to give this woman the middle finger, almost daily sometimes, as she would fly banners and wackadoo phrases painted on bed sheets, on the chain link fencing of the overhead bridges of I-90W. She died a few days ago. Good riddance. One less person garnering support from right-wing wackadoos who THREATEN HEALTHCARE WORKERS. Not my party...and now Lyn Wood and Michael Flynn have no reason to be in my state...winning the new civil war, one person at a time. QAnon Is Harassing a Hospital Into Giving Bogus COVID ‘Cure’ Ivermectin
https://www.newsweek.com/lin-wood-veronica-wolski-herman-cain-ivermectin-1628806https://reelchicago.com/article/veronica-wolski-covid-19-vaccine-critic-dies-of-covid/
If minorities and migrants are truly the problem with covid spread, why can't I find endless examples of them outwardly protesting known science.🤔

I think there's a feedback loop between people with a tendency to distrust the vaccine and the media and politicians who feed that distrust. The distrust grows as more distrust is sown. And the more the distrust grows, the more the politicians & media feel driven to pander to it.

And there are people who get swept up in it because of "peer pressure"--loved ones or their community at large are anti-mask & anti-vaxx, and they go along to get along. Put them in the opposite situation & most of them would wear a mask/get the vaxx.

And that's where mandates can come in handy. People may grouse, and pundits may fret that it's the wrong approach to use with the snowflake anti-vaxxers. But so far that hasn't really been shown to be the case. When you have to get the jab to keep your job, for most folks the choice is easy.

A little more clarification:

Later, on Wednesday, Aug. 25, Mississippi State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers clarified the earlier MSDH health alert, saying that 70% of ivermectin-related calls to Poison Control were about the livestock version of ivermectin, not 70% of all recent Poison Control calls. A source at Poison Control told the Mississippi Free Press that the agency has nevertheless fielded dozens of calls about ivermectin in recent weeks and that at least two people have been hospitalized due to ingesting livestock ivermectin.

https://www.mississippifreepress.or...nOCYvIgCQn7vBJC47PPjWAOnlu361cale-CMzk_T4KBFI

Those dumbass MS rednecks... :rolleyes:

Sadly the sheeple are primed to believe this spoo.

JR

PS; There are some truly dumb ass people here, but that is true of pretty much every place I have lived. Does that make me the common denominator? :unsure:

Right, thanks for the info.. Not the point though. There's a big difference saying 70% of ALL calls to poison control were due to Ivermectin poisoning than 70% of Ivermectin poisoning calls, no? That's pretty crazy. If some idiots want to take the animal form of Ivermectin, not sure what to say but the NY Times article was egregiously misleading.

..and if someone is gonna go through all the trouble of taking animal medication, they should probably just get the shot or at least get it prescribed from a doctor. LOL

Last edited:
My name is Iver , I'm the engin' driver , neurological damage that no pharmacuetical concoction can counteract

Last edited:

Attachments

• ivermectin.jpg
    ivermectin.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back