EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quote myself
Arno said:
I'll pay whatever it takes to get me a pair these mic bodies so personally I don't really care how it gets here.

Just thought that distribution might be good for all of us. In other words, id rather spend ten bucks on shipping in the eu, let skylar have the benefit of combined shipping (since we all paid for individual shipping) and, who knows save 5 or ten bucks on retarded paperwork- fees.

I'll think twice next time before i post...

At this point centralized European distribution is going to be more work than me handling it myself.

The insurance on every order will cover the full purchase price.

So if you bought an EQU47 + female Binder = $220, your package will be insured for $220.
2xEQU47 + 2xfemale Binder = $440, your package will be insured for $440
etc.
etc.

I think Kingston's logic is sound (as usual).

In the end, with a distributor or distributors, Europeans may save a few dollars on shipping, but someone would have to do a lot of charity work...as Kingston said.

I wouldn't mind doing some 'charity', I'm sure many others won't...
But I understand it might take more organization than shipping individually.

I was just thinking... Don't you only have to pay VAT once?

So if you buy something in the states, you shouldn't pay any taxes over there. You only pay taxes when you import it into your home country right?

This happened to me when I ordered from mouser...

Anyway, just a question for someone out there whilst we are on the subject...

P.S. with or without taxes and import charges, I'm just happy to get my hands on these babies....  ;D ;D ;D ;D and I would probably spend triple the amount of import taxes on beer for Skylar for all his hard work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

J

when I buy from mouser the parcel (US to Italy) isn't charged by taxes, no VAT and no custom's fees added. This depend by the courier used , if mouser sends the parcel with FedEx International Priority
there are no taxes added , if it sends out with UPS or DHL or other couriers the taxes are applied all.

However, regarding european distributors I have worry that the price go up so much that buying from US
is cheaper.

Matthew Jacobs said:
So if you buy something in the states, you shouldn't pay any taxes over there. You only pay taxes when you import it into your home country right?

That's right, you never pay anything in the US end. With small insured packages like these VAT and possible customs duties are paid in customs office, usually your nearest post office. Very small packages sometimes slip through if you get lucky. This might vary a little from (EU) country to country, but if everything goes by the book - and it most likely will with these relatively large and highly insured packages - prepare to pay full VAT when the package arrives.

Unless you are a VAT registered business of course.

And sorry for slightly off topic:

Mouser and digikey are both special cases. They have set up a very customer friendly automation with their respective parcel service (fedex, or UPS). mouser charges VAT directly during your payment credit card transaction. digikey (actually their parcel service) will bill VAT separately later. Customs is fully automatic on both (they eat all charges expect VAT), and package is delivered to your door. No european distributor comes even close to this convenience. Heck, shipping is free for orders above 75 euros!

Unless you are a VAT registered business of course (then same as above, but no VAT).

Kingston said:
And sorry for slightly off topic:

Mouser and digikey are both special cases. They have set up a very customer friendly automation with their respective parcel service (fedex, or UPS). mouser charges VAT directly during your payment credit card transaction. digikey (actually their parcel service) will bill VAT separately later. Customs is fully automatic on both (they eat all charges expect VAT), and package is delivered to your door. No european distributor comes even close to this convenience. Heck, shipping is free for orders above 75 euros!

Unless you are a VAT registered business of course (then same as above, but no VAT).
I don't use digikey but mouser yes. Mouser pays VAT without any charge on my credit card (I could post an invoice of mine), but with Fedex it doesn't clear at italian custom , this is the matter. Each EU country has its VAT legislation so some operations could be VAT free in the country where is done the clearance so, likely, in this country that operation made for italian companies or people is VAT free (and for finland companies or people not), because the relationship between Italy and that country over VAT laws makes tax free this VAT operation. However in Italy the VAT law is more and more complex than in other EU or US countries, my mother has a degree in law and knows these things.

I council for the parcels that must go to Italy with any postal service to add at the shipping documents the paypal invoice and the email address of the customer, to avoid delaies given by custom clearance. Because, without these informations, the agency inside italian post, that made the custom clearance documents, must contact by mail the customer to have the invoice if the sender has not added the invoice in the parcel's documents. The email address is important for notifications without delay.

I precise that I've had two months of delay on a parcel sent from US because the sender ignored to add the paypal invoice.

Thanks Pier. I will definitely add these documents to the package and customs packets.

I'm so excited that only thing that I can say is:

U67-style bodies - who can make one?  ;D

So... what's the status on more shock mount production?  That would seem to be an almost mandatory accessory for this mic body!

So... what's the status on more shock mount production?  That would seem to be an almost mandatory accessory for this mic body!

What about this, not so cheap, but better then the Neumann IMHO, at least until new Prodigy production....

http://www.enhancedaudio.ie/enhancedaudioproducts.htm

Those mounts are expensive but pretty useful btw - I have a couple and use them on many of my oddball mics that won't fit a standard mount.

I am getting a lot of emails about this:

197 EQU47 mic bodies have been pre-ordered.

Only 3 units remain for the first production batch.

Okay, we're now over 200.

So, the next orders coming in from this point will all be part of the second batch.

+1 again on 2 shockmounts (if they're over $100 to get shipped though i'll just go the other routes currently available)

Back