Going across the pond

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The crowded traffic makes me wonder how James Bond would be able to get the little sports car up above 15 km/hr
I read a book by an guy who used to work for MI5 or MI6 (whichever one looks for terrorists on home soil). He was a highly trained driver. In emergency situations they are permitted to "steel badge" which means they don't have to worry about hitting other vehicles.

Cheers

Ian

Ok gents, I fly out Friday.

What is the weather temps? While i imagine it changes enough based on location, am I looking for heavy coat weather, light sweater weather or just shirt weather. I won’t talk about sandals or shorts as that is out of the question for work.

Ok gents, I fly out Friday.

What is the weather temps? While i imagine it changes enough based on location, am I looking for heavy coat weather, light sweater weather or just shirt weather. I won’t talk about sandals or shorts as that is out of the question for work.
It is colder and windier now than when you first asked. It is definitely coat weather outdoors.

Cheers

Ian

Were just getting lashed by a storm here now ,
around 10C is the average temp lately . ,
If you'll be making your way around on foot waterproof hiking boots are probably a good plan ,
as well as rain jacket and waxed hat . A company called Barbour do a good selection of styles
A waterproof cover for your rucksack could come in handy too if you end up caught out in the storm ,
I think you can safely leave the big flower vaccation shirt ,shorts ,sunglasses and sombrero at home :)-)

A Barbour Bushman hat and you'll look like something from the Unforgiven when you arrive into the tavern out of the storm ,
Definately pack a water proof poncho too ,
Have your friends play the theme music from a Spaghetti western on the juke box as you arrive in
1667390462423.png

Get a wax coat so you fit in.
Most regular folk in the UK do not wear wax jackets unless they are on the set of Downton Abbey :)

You should definitely invest in an umbrella.

The good thing about the UK is that the only rain we get is that which managed to get past Ireland without falling there first (that's where Tubetec lives).

Cheers

Ian

Most regular folk in the UK do not wear wax jackets unless they are on the set of Downton Abbey :)
It did seem like it was the Range Rover set who wore them. Hampstead Heath was ground zero for wax jackets last time I was there. Which was about 20 years ago.

It did seem like it was the Range Rover set who wore them. Hampstead Heath was ground zero for wax jackets last time I was there. Which was about 20 years ago.
These days they call them Chelsea Tractors. Any massive SUV will do.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back