GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've offered to help a fellow DIY'er lay out some stuff he wants that's compatible with the API Group DIY 18-pin rack and wondered if someone could check my measurements for me.  I got them from the threads on here and think they're OK but it'd be great if someone could let me know.
Anyway, a JPG's attached of the card outline.

Cheers in advance guys

Attachments

• 51X Card.jpg
    51X Card.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 110
maybe misreading, but your chamfer dimensions .020"x45° and .005"x45° seem to be mixed up in your detail.
Probably not GDIY51x related, but you might optionally add a .055/.320" cut out for a between_contact_polarizing_key between pins 13/14 that a 306series card edge connector might have fitted in and some old 500 cards seem to support as well.

Harpo said:
maybe misreading, but your chamfer dimensions .020"x45° and .005"x45° seem to be mixed up in your detail.

Thanks Harpo.  I meant to have it be .02 and .05 so I must have slipped an extra place in by mistake! 

Harpo said:
Probably not GDIY51x related, but you might optionally add a .055/.320" cut out for a between_contact_polarizing_key between pins 13/14 that a 306series card edge connector might have fitted in and some old 500 cards seem to support as well.
OK got ya.  I'll add it in then.  Many thanks  :) 

Yay this is my first post and I am very happy to be here!.
I cannot wait to get into making a power supply as I have quite a few 500 type pre-amp modules but the power supply was lost!!.
Anyhow i will try not to ask too many dumb questions...I am not a complete newby so i think we will be ok...
I'll dive into reading some posts and will add more info later!!.
Thanks guys.

Extreme delay from the fabricator. They are snowed under.

Hopefully they'll be delivered to me  tomorrow and I'll get Jeff and Volker's shipments out this week.

sahib said:

Hopefully they'll be delivered to me  tomorrow and I'll get Jeff and Volker's shipments out this week.
Thank you very much indeed!
I have a couple of modules here that are.......say "homeless",hahaha......

Udo ;)

sahib said:

So are there more rack kits available with this round or are all of the units already promised to people? I'd love to find a rack kit somewhere but it seems that these babies are too hot for their own good!

Depends where you are located. I still have stock for immediate shipment here in North America.  :D

sachsjustin said:
So are there more rack kits available with this round or are all of the units already promised to people? I'd love to find a rack kit somewhere but it seems that these babies are too hot for their own good!

As Jeff said he has sufficient stock for immediate dispatch for US and Canada.

Volker (for EC) and I'll (for UK and ROW)  have sufficient stock too. Not to worry.

Latest update is that all  units have passed the quality control and will be shipped to me on Friday.

sahib said:

Sahib... is that you?

I have been offered one of these racks and am doing due diligence... hope all is well with you!

Cheers,
Aardvark

Do you guys ever plan to make like a half version of your 51x rack. Like a 51x lunchbox or 4 unit rack?

Also is the full kit power supply that your company provide the-same like the one at the Classic Audio website where it is all red and it is a full kit, no other parts needed?

Do you have a list of modules that may have seating issues using the 18pin connectors?

Thanks

canidoit said:
Do you guys ever plan to make like a half version of your 51x rack. Like a 51x lunchbox or 4 unit rack?
no

canidoit said:
Also is the full kit power supply that your company provide the-same like the one at the Classic Audio website where it is all red and it is a full kit, no other parts needed?
Jeff from classic api is part of the company  ;)
however, you are right, the PSU in the first post isn't available anymore, that post should be updated

canidoit said:
Do you have a list of modules that may have seating issues using the 18pin connectors?
fully enclosure modules could have problems, but they are rare

sahib said:
sachsjustin said:

As Jeff said he has sufficient stock for immediate dispatch for US and Canada.

Volker (for EC) and I'll (for UK and ROW)  have sufficient stock too. Not to worry.

Latest update is that all  units have passed the quality control and will be shipped to me on Friday.

Hello all, my first post and very happy to have found this thread! The GroupDIY 511 Rack looks like like the ultimate modular platform for building into. Sahib, I would very much appreciate being notified when (and if) there is availability in the UK.
Regards,
Richard

Hi,

I'm from France and I'll be glad to know when a batch of kits would be available around here, this project seems pretty awesome !

Thanks !

Latest posts

Back