I have a question about these micro tube mic ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, some electronic tubes are designed to operate at extremely low voltages and currents, but those are likely to have significant distortion issues. It is best to refer to the data sheet to confirm this. Electronic tube microphones have been around for nearly a hundred years, and many engineers have conducted research on them. There is a reason why phantom powered electronic tube microphones have not appeared. If they cannot bring better performance than FET, they will be meaningless:(

I think this one you posted in another thread is even more intriguing. Wonder what the device is? Maybe a nuvistor? Also doesn't seem to be connected.
Oh, and also, this electronic tube comes from China/Soviet Union, starting with 1z8 and with a maximum of 1z11. It is a high back pressure pulse rectifier tube, usually used for high-voltage pulse rectification in televisions, and can provide approximately a few mA of current. As you can see, the metal cap on the top of this electronic tube is designed to pass high voltage.

Correction: The maximum current of 1z11 is 300 μA

By the way, some electronic tubes are designed to operate at extremely low voltages and currents, but those are likely to have significant distortion issues. It is best to refer to the data sheet to confirm this. Electronic tube microphones have been around for nearly a hundred years, and many engineers have conducted research on them. There is a reason why phantom powered electronic tube microphones have not appeared. If they cannot bring better performance than FET, they will be meaningless:(
Yes. The datasheet of the 6418 tube I posted here earlier states 12% total distortion. What ever that means, it doesn't imply very hi-fi performance. (Though the spec is for using it as a power tube in a hearing aid device I think.)

Oh, that makes sense. Deaf people usually only need to amplify the sound in the frequency band where the human voice is located, so reducing design difficulty in this way is economical (just like radio)
Yes. The datasheet of the 6418 tube I posted here earlier states 12% total distortion. What ever that means, it doesn't imply very hi-fi performance. (Though the spec is for using it as a power tube in a hearing aid device I think.)

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at3060

https://shop.funky-junk.com/shop/re...e/microtech-gefell-um-900-tube-condenser-mic/

https://naiant.com/2016/02/16/x-v-tube-kit-microphone/

I've had no issues with these tubes. Neither distortion, or any other aspect. They have to be suspended carefully to avoid microphonics. They are fun to play with.
The reason why a large number of microphones used miniature tubes in the early days was stability and microphone effect - the tube contained a rather unstable filament structure, and if it was subjected to vibration, it would produce strange sounds or even be damaged. However, microphones such as the AKG C61 use Nuvistor, a specially designed tube used in the aerospace field. It should be pointed out that these tubes still require filaments and high voltage power supply - this is due to the principle of the tube. Without filament heating and high voltage, electrons cannot be emitted to the anode normally.

Correction:its C61

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back