Igor's high quality projects. Store closed, stuff shipped. A crazy idea - pg83.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope igor goes better ..projects, orders, money is one thing and there's always solutions for that.
health is the most important, i just wich him the best
pom-pom-girl.gif

dgoszillai said:
hope igor goes better ..projects, orders, money is one thing and there's always solutions for that.
health is the most important, i just wish him the best
pom-pom-girl.gif

+1

...No health = no nothing.

Hey dudes!

Everybody got tracking nr's to mail them specified. 70% of stuff already shipped; the rest (last orders) at Monday.
In case of something not arrived - mail with "Shipping Issue" subject to i.j.research at gmail!

For now, I really need some rest, and getting into slow mode for about month.

For last days, I had some thoughts about re-profiling the business... maybe,
I really have to go to audio only and not run between money and my hobby (time->nerves->health).
But I hate production in China and 90% of audio company's policy - make funny fronts with cheap insides;
If you watched the movie "In Bruges", YNWIM about "sticking to principles".
Custom stuff brings only medals and doubtful respect, but not money ;) Well... have to think out one idea in details ;)

And, for fun - really crazy thing.
I feel I need to share the knowledge in audio gadgets with people.
There will be some cool videos on how-to's later; working now on some simple lessons...

I know this is crazy idea, but more I think about this, I like it more and more.

Kinda Electronics Vipassana.

The idea is, for about 7-10 hours a day, for 10-12 days, come here,
use my laboratory, ask every possible questions - if I know the answer, will give it, if no - will try to help find it out;
build with my guide any of projects I can help. Most of audio things should be passed like a Zen - come, see and do, than give it further.

We can build couple of complicated projects, engrave/mill panels (with design and cnc explanations), wind some audio tranny's,
or simply design something together - than, write down the things and post relevant stuff for other people.

Besides it sounds crazy, it is possible and very realistic.

I have a really cool resource - huge house at pastoral place with excellent food, air, etc,
and guest apartments with separate entry, with everything needed for life.

Requirements - fast teachable person with big motivation, restrictions - I am allergic to some smells, food and pop music, and prefer to work with
stable flegmatic people (I am medium - heavy ADHD, so, 2 hyperactive people in same building = total destruction).

Potential "Vipassaners" - welcome (drop mail or write here).

If this sounds like I gone nuts - just tell! :)

Hi Igor, nice to see, you're back! If you could manage something like video tutorials about audio-electronics nuts-and bolts, that would be freakin' unimaginable cool and desirable. If asking me, a nice video tutorial over EAGLE is pretty welcome, too :).

What us right now concerns beside your health and time issues, is the availability of already designed and supported projects.  :'(

Where to get your priceless PCB's, since the shop is gone? Can you offer us Gerbers for switching to PCB manufacturers, ordering our own? All I can say is that we love your designs and believe, you’re one of the diy audio community greatest assets.

fenchel

Hey Igor..

Great to hear your doing well and resting up.. I've been following this forum for a while but not posted before. So hi to everyone. I have a Mixbuzz and Nevetec in the post as we speak and am working on a few other projects from the forum as well. I look forward to sharing pictures, successes and failures :)

I think your idea is great, your designs obviously inspire people and I'm sure we'd all like to see more of them and your presence here.

I would be very interested in an electronics Vipassana, great idea and a great way to learn!! Let me know what your plans are for that, I'd travel out there no problem.

All the best, Gareth

Email sent! can't imagine a best way to spend 2 weeks!
I'll do it in a heartbeat - I'll deal with all the travel arrangements no problem.

Good to hear you're getting better!

What you wrote is good news for this DIY community, a lot of people respects your work, keep on doing this!
Maybe, doing what you like can help you going through some problems, and all of these people are with you!

All the best!

Igor,

Really glad you are doing better!

I for one, would love tutorial videos since it is not simple for me (and others) to travel.
And certainly would like PCBs to remain available.

All the best for you Igor!

Hi Igor,

I'm also really glad you're doing better. It would be too sad if this was the end, luckily it doesn't seem to be  :)

If there was a way to keep the pcbs available, it would be truly great for sure. Maybe there's a way to have someone handle the business and making sure you get your share (Volker / silentarts - I think he's done that before?). Maybe that could be an option for future projects as well, I can't imagine your brain wanting to stop what you've been doing...

All the best,

Michael

As promised, I am reporting the status of my order.

It is now 19 days since I ordered the second order from Igor and no tracking number has been sent. It's been 22 days since I ordered the first order (tracking number was sent for this order in a few days  :)) and nothing has been received. To be fair, I have seen packages get caught in USA customs and delay shipping up to a little over a month.

Recently, I ordered from DIY companies DRIP and ClassicAPI, I received packages US Postal service in a few days! DRIP and ClassicAPI totally ROCK and they know how to treat their customers - top notch!

piano said:
It has been 6 days since I made the 2nd order. No tracking number has been sent. Make this cool please.

piano said:
OK! 1 of 2 orders I placed, I received tracking information as sent 5 days after the payment was made. OK, good! Bravo on that Igor.  :)

This made me feel confident about a 2nd order which I placed for even more money. Let me see about the 2nd order I placed and how soon it is shipped. 

Biasrocks said:
piano said:
Ordered. Day 1

Fast shipment will be noted here as positive.  :)

Slow ship, no tracking number or excuses will be noted as negative.  :mad:

Don't see how it matters, he's folding up May 1st.

Hope you get your boards.

Regards,
Mark

piano, you should read the whole thread. in all the years i got everything from igor. sometimes it took a long,long  time. sometimes there were some parts later shipped.
But i don´t know anybody here on the forum who did not get everything  ordered..after a time..
israel post can be a unpredictible factor ,too.
once i got a parcel 2 month (!) after the post-stamp went on it.
once i got a parcel which had a post stamp which was 3 days in advance from that day !? :eek: ??? ;D

igors projects are top notch, serious units i have here .even better than the originals i think.

hope you get your units like everybody else.

greets,
axel

Igor said:
And, for fun - really crazy thing.
I feel I need to share the knowledge in audio gadgets with people.
There will be some cool videos on how-to's later; working now on some simple lessons...

I know this is crazy idea, but more I think about this, I like it more and more.

Kinda Electronics Vipassana.

The idea is, for about 7-10 hours a day, for 10-12 days, come here,
use my laboratory, ask every possible questions - if I know the answer, will give it, if no - will try to help find it out;
build with my guide any of projects I can help. Most of audio things should be passed like a Zen - come, see and do, than give it further.

We can build couple of complicated projects, engrave/mill panels (with design and cnc explanations), wind some audio tranny's,
or simply design something together - than, write down the things and post relevant stuff for other people.

Besides it sounds crazy, it is possible and very realistic.

I have a really cool resource - huge house at pastoral place with excellent food, air, etc,
and guest apartments with separate entry, with everything needed for life.

Requirements - fast teachable person with big motivation, restrictions - I am allergic to some smells, food and pop music, and prefer to work with
stable flegmatic people (I am medium - heavy ADHD, so, 2 hyperactive people in same building = total destruction).

Potential "Vipassaners" - welcome (drop mail or write here).

If this sounds like I gone nuts - just tell! :)

I am due for vacation maybe soon... :D

But really, i think this is great Igor...take break, spread some wisdom...take it easy. :)

man, i am gonna take your word for it and fly out to your place when i go to israel (maybe to play one of these days!!) .. but before i waste your time.. i will have to study a few years i think
all the best!! (btw this idea is great and by far exceeds my expectations of anything )... altho like others i would love your older projects to remain available and i hope there is a way for that, i know this vipassana really is much better solution for all of us .

thanks again! and i hope u keep resting and well .

Igor,
this tr number is not good one!!!!
Information regarding : RR823645880IL

Please tell me that exactly when you can send to me my helios? PLEASE.....PLEASE.....PLEASE

jandoste said:
Hey Igor,
I hope that my heliossss missed to me :) Cool!
cheers

Axelerator said:
piano, you should read the whole thread. in all the years i got everything from igor. sometimes it took a long,long  time. sometimes there were some parts later shipped.
But i don´t know anybody here on the forum who did not get everything  ordered..after a time..
israel post can be a unpredictible factor ,too.
once i got a parcel 2 month (!) after the post-stamp went on it.
once i got a parcel which had a post stamp which was 3 days in advance from that day !? :eek: ??? ;D

igors projects are top notch, serious units i have here .even better than the originals i think.

hope you get your units like everybody else.

greets,
axel

+1 , reread the whole thread, If needed, read again please.

jandoste said:
Igor,
this tr number is not good one!!!!
Information regarding : RR823645880IL

Please tell me that exactly when you can send to me my helios? PLEASE.....PLEASE.....PLEASE

Hi Jandoste,

I was about to write an complaint just in the moment about my two items purchased on 26.04.

On 04.05. two tracking numbers had been mailed to myself from Igor's shop:
RR823646050IL
RR823646029IL

Now, if you look to Israel track and trace service, you'll see, that the goods had been sent yesterday out (!). It took about 10 days, till the tracking numbers began to show up informative tracing details (17 days in total from payment made).

Yes, till yesterday, I've had like you the  "No information is available for the item..." on screen. Every day. :-\

I'm not aware over the packaging and shipping process in Igor's shop, but it seems to me that Israel post service is delaying with proper tracking info since the reference numbers are generated.

Still, uncertainty sucks, I agree, so crossing fingers all our items will arrive us.

Hope, this helps

I find that tracking numbers on international parcels can take a while to show any change or even be registered. It is very normal.

Cheers,

Back