mixer done...UPDATE: New pics, frontpanel + meterbridge done

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am totally confident that nothing would happen under your use of the equipment. I was looking more from a general practice point of view. If you were to offer that psu for diy I would strongly advice against that design. You can still be cosmetically creative in the mechanics of it while creating sufficient heatsink surface for the regulator and the safer circuit operation.

Hi ,
Hey Radiance i ve got a question concernig the ground Bus ,
Did you create an independant Bus from Gnd Xlr1 going into 510R going into DAO990
Or do you only use general ground pcb via 510R to DAO990 ??  ( and gnd xlr to chassis )

I probably missundestand something with this Ground bus technique .
Thanks

flight said:
Or do you only use general ground pcb via 510R to DAO990 ??  ( and gnd xlr to chassis )

Something like this yes....

More specific,  input channel local ground> 510R > DOA990
and yes...xlr pin 1 to chassis

All local grounds (inputs, groups, master, monitor section, headphone amp etc.) are connected to a big ground bus, which is connected to the 0V of the psu. Chassis ground is connected to 0V inside the PSU

Here more about ground summing...

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=27351.0

Hi radiance ,
Here is a That wih ref1 going to 510R going to Bus groud on 990 . also connect to xlr gnd
Is it a correct way to do ?

Hey Flight...I can't say really ...need more info here. What's the function of the that chip for example?
Maybe post a schematic ?

Hey radiance sorry ...

That 1243 as input , summing into 990  ( i just draw the way how the 510R is going on ) 

and sorry for schematic ..  Thanks

That heatsink is insane. I love it. I can visualize the inner workings of the brain of a DIY fanatic as the idea sparks on. The engineer part of the brain says, 'no that would be crazy.' The DIY fanatic says, 'why not? I'll just drill big holes for every component including the jumper'  (!!!)

That made my day.

Flight: that's correct. But remember to put a 510R resistor to ground on the ground summing point (+ input) of the 990 as well...

Kato: thanks for the kind words...I do not recommend this but I can imagine it would look awesome, almost audiofoolish, when done on bigger pcb's... ;D

Thanks for the kind words...I still have a fdp file ready to be done. But 4 unit frontpanels are expensive  ???
One day it'll be done.

I've been using this thing now for almost a year and it's working flawless.

Hi radiance,

Firstly, that is one amazing build. Love it!

I was just wondering what knobs you are using there. They look like the SSL ones but they dont appear to have a grub screw.

I know it was a year ago, but congrats! ;)

Ahh, cool. Thanks.

Dont suppose you happen to know if they do one to fit a 6.3mm shaft?

I remember finding some a while back but only for 6mm shafts.

Jake

Latest posts

Back