Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The room I'm looking at getting is in Pierrefonds. If you don't have wheels then metro with bus to Fairview would get you close enough for me to pick you up. I'd have room for 3 or 4 max.

I'm sure there are others willing to give those that don't have cars a lift if they are downtown or passing by.

I'm going through the schoolboard so I have to go past the red tape before I get an answer.

jim

I mentioned the meet to a fellow DIY'er, and he said that we could possibly use his studio for the meet. It's in the north Little Italy/Jean Talon market area. It's 2 blocks from the De Castelnau metro station, so it should be pretty convenient for everyone to get to. I'll check with him to see if there is anything free in January & if he is up for hosting the meet.

-a.

[quote author="NEU!"]I mentioned the meet to a fellow DIY'er, and he said that we could possibly use his studio for the meet. It's in the north Little Italy/Jean Talon market area. It's 2 blocks from the De Castelnau metro station, so it should be pretty convenient for everyone to get to. I'll check with him to see if there is anything free in January & if he is up for hosting the meet.

-a.[/quote]

That sounds perfect.

I've just found this place :

EDITED:

http://www.rpelectronics.com/Default.asp?Main=/English/OnlineCat.asp?Menu=/English/Content/Categories/CatM_53.asp%26Detail=/English/Content/Items/RC-U1-10.asp

They look like the Par-Metal ones...

eD)))

[quote author="bodega"][quote author="NEU!"]I mentioned the meet to a fellow DIY'er, and he said that we could possibly use his studio for the meet. It's in the north Little Italy/Jean Talon market area. It's 2 blocks from the De Castelnau metro station, so it should be pretty convenient for everyone to get to. I'll check with him to see if there is anything free in January & if he is up for hosting the meet.

-a.[/quote]

That sounds perfect.[/quote]
mmmhmmm! doing it at a studio would be awesome for trying out everyones fun DIY gear stuff. and maybe i'll have a couple channels of the 8X sontec done by then for everyone to try!

[quote author="NEU!"]

Do you maybe mean this?:

http://www.rpelectronics.com/Defaul...sp&Detail=/English/Content/Items/4910-28G.asp

Man, a show and tell might actually make me get off my ass and finish something.

-a.[/quote]

You can find that tip tinner in Montreal : http://www.active-tech.ca/b2c/redirect.cfm?pn=2&lang=eng&CFID=26461656&CFTOKEN=83147249&jsessionid=a63083d5df30b7a7a286TR&locationID=keySearchResults_2

eD)))

Waaaaaa !!!! :grin:

There was a error in the link I gave. I did correct it in my post....

Of course I was talking about racks !!! :green:

I took the NEU answer seriously !!!

Sorry for that... :wink:

eD)))

PS : tip tinner is sometimes useful

Weird, my link was supposed to point to a 2U rack that was on sale... not soldier tin... I think my internets tubes are getting crossed.

-a.

[quote author="vertiges"]Does anyone knows where I could find Wima caps in canada ?

eD)))[/quote]
yes i am curious about this as well.

Hello Everyone!
New member here... :razz:
Also a Montrealer, actually next to the Romolo Cafe someone mentionned earlier. Although a noob, I'd be interested in meeting DIYers to learn and share, might be the motivation I need to start a project!
Also, my contribution could be to offer access to our studio downtown so we could test & compare all that great gear... :thumb:
Cheers,

Welcome lozion,

The plan so far is to get together sometime in January.

We do not know where yet but we'll find a restaurant if everything else fails.

jim

lozion - Sound great!

That would be perfect! Very generous of you. I'll bring the donuts!

Do you have a bantam patchbay? If needed I have bantam adapters to XLR and TRS in case anyone wants to demonstrate DIY.

I am still trying to get a room here locally but I am in Pierrefonds and most are central Mtl. But it would be a permanent place at least.

jim

Back