Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="vertiges"]BTW, I'm looking for a THAT VCA 2180 or 2181 for my second GSSL.
Does anybody has one ? In Montreal or around ?

Thanks,

eD[/quote]

I don't know if you know but mediatechnology sells these. I'm sure he can just put 1 in a small envelope for cheap and quick delivery.

jim

Sooo... we've been talking about maybe throwing something at Brutopia (next to the studio) downstairs where there is a lounge area. We could have beer & food (we're working on getting a discount) then hop to the studio...
Only thing is, a thursday or sunday would be better for us.
Just an idea, if anyone has another plan, by all means.
Cheers,

Eric

[quote author="vertiges"]And for our meeting :

I propose the 1st or the 8th of February

We're talking about it for weeks !!! Let's do it ! :green:

eD[/quote]

I'm good on the 1st. Anyone else?

jim

Yep!

I could always lend you mine until you get yours (if you are in a hurry). I think I have the 2180, I'd have to check.

jim

discobloud, why you can't make it ? Because of the dates ?

Eric, that sounds good to me. (thank you again for your offer) Thursday or Sunday is good to me. As you offer your place, I propose you give us a few dates and we proceed to a vote. What do you think ?

Let's go people let's make this happen !!! :sam: :guinness: :sam:

eD)))

Jim,

Thank you for your offer ! That's very generous...

Actually I'm not in a hurry. I've got to build a separate power supply for my first GSSL and see if it solves my hum problem.
I've got to mod my MXL 603 pair and to replace te potentiometer of the remote of my central station. I have a Night eq to start...

eD)))

[quote author="vertiges"]discobloud, why you can't make it ? Because of the dates ?

Eric, that sounds good to me. (thank you again for your offer) Thursday or Sunday is good to me. As you offer your place, I propose you give us a few dates and we proceed to a vote. What do you think ?

eD)))[/quote]

well, let me check the planning but Feb 3rd, 7th or 10th could be good.

[quote author="vertiges"]discobloud, why you can't make it ? Because of the dates ?

eD)))[/quote]

yeah i'm away recording till the 4th.

If we keep going like this its never going to happen.

What are the odds of all of us being free on the same day? Not good.

So lets start with at least 2 or 3 of us meeting.

I don't mind a weeknight either. We also have to find a place. I will have an answer on a possible place this Friday but it would be for Saturday morning to 2PM max.

Lets have other chime in now.

jim

I totally agree with Jim.
I would prefer to have meetings every 2-3 weeks with 3-5 people instead of 2 per year with everybody :wink: !

Eric, the 10th is good for me.

Jim, I've no problem with a saturday morning except if it's 6.00 am ! :green:

eD)))

saturday morning wont work for me but....pretty much any other time will...

its definitely important for us to just get one meetup happening even with a few because Im sure it will go well and the we can brag about how great it was on the forum and then everyone will be jealous and the next one will be bigger! :grin:

Back