new black market is boring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it just disappeared because it was a redundant topic? It had been mentioned like 5 times already...
Just saying...

I'm moving at the moment.
Loads of parts / things to go ...
I miss the old black market.

Nothing wrong paying for listings, sales, whatever.
But the new sales market is like ebay today,
I wonder if it is worth doing it.

So I think there's about +15 to bring back the old black market.
Keep adding your support here and maybe the forum will listen to the members.

desol said:
I thought it just disappeared because it was a redundant topic? It had been mentioned like 5 times already...
Just saying...

That doesn't make the critique any less meaningful. People here have tried to state their preference and it doesn't go away by hiding and ignoring it.

it's easier to manage and update one listing and what do you do when it's driven down two pages ?
As someone who got ripped off twice from the old B.M. , I still prefer it .

okgb said:
it's easier to manage and update one listing and what do you do when it's driven down two pages ?
As someone who got ripped off twice from the old B.M. , I still prefer it .

You got ripped off by a person (sucker), not by the market itself. Ingroup trust shouldn't replace scrutiny however. A minimum-of-posts-in-the-forum-requirement to be allowed to post at the black market combined with a rating system (like the one at gearslutz) should take care of these problems.

I dealt quite a lot in the old BM and never had a single problem, BTW, so maybe you'be been very unlucky or careless?

No , it's ALWAYS buyer beware , although I think post count is a good indicator , both of my incidences
were with people who had made many deals , one of them I had dealt with before .
a couple of red flags are , people who are moving [ or saying they are ] and people who had not posted
much recently but then show up selling things , A rating would not have helped these .
AS stated , I still prefer the old B.M. , and even though it does provide a ground for these people, you can't
predict 100 % , I 'm willing to take my chances [ but would certainly be more cautious . ]

I would say YOU are WELL established and having conducted business in a professional manner
do NOT apply to this , the former was my experience in both cases , C'mon

I brought this subject up a few months ago and got stomped fairly soundly as an ungrateful brat who was not showing the correct appreciation of the emperor's new clothes. You can add me as a +whatevernumberwe'reupto.

Greg, sorry, no harm ment or done in any direction.
Just fitted my bad moving mood today ;-)

However, back on topic:
I would like to sell loads of stuff in the old black market style.

I also miss the old Black Mareket and find myself less likely to shop or sell in the new one. I can't criticize the forum, though, without saying how much I appreciate everything it offers and all the work of Ethan and the other moderators. It would be ideal if there was a solution to be found that kept the the feel of the old BM and was still manageable for Ethan and provided some kind of revenue to help keep the forum going.

Best,

Ben

plumsolly said:
It would be ideal if there was a solution to be found that kept the the feel of the old BM and was still manageable for Ethan and provided some kind of revenue to help keep the forum going.

Best,

Ben

Isn't it $20 bucks per month for a commercial listing? There's currently 32 listings in the white market?
Is that not enough to help pay for storage space and other misc fees?

Back