new black market is boring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm another one Ethan. I very rarely read the Black/White markets threads these days. The new format(s) don't hold any
interest for me, to the extent that I hardly look, they used to be the first things.

Frank B.

? is how much of the 'dead' look is the cosmetics, and how much is the $1 fee requirement?  The fee doesn't bother me, but I know there are people who will refuse even $1 on some principle.  And there are plenty who are simply afraid of change, and won't participate. 

It would be nice to hear something from ethan, some sort of dialog about this is needed. I feel there wasn't this level of demand for the new BM in the first place or did I miss a thread asking for the change?

I think the consensus is pretty overwhelming !
Nobody likes Black Market now.

It used to be a really useful way of trading.

I really, really hope that the powers that be take notice of what we've all been saying, instead of just deleting any post that disagrees with them.

I think what's hurting it the most is loss of traffic.  The 1$ fee is no big deal on it's own, but when you consider, as is supported by the the responses in this thread, that nobody is even looking there any more it's like a double hit towards the demise.

I think we could have the old format and have the listing fee and have feedback ratings (listed in the member user profile).  That would seem to be a combination that would make a lot of people happy - except for perhaps Ethan, who will have to shoulder all the work installing the new system.  Incentives?  I'd pay a dollar or two towards the cause if it would help. . .

Some people are doing the multi-listing thing, and I'm not sure how that affects FB path.  The bid button becomes irrelevant in some multi-listings too, as the total is the total of all items, like buying the whole lot.  Some others are multiple items that are all the same price, and bid price is for one.  So, yeah, that's not really smooth. 

Most people have an ebay rating but if someone is going to get you , that's not going to stop it
and at the current rate , developing a rating on grp d.i.y. may take a while .
having the option to make it biddable would be good  , or buy it now , or let it ride .
And how about trading ? there's allot of grp buy stuff [ less these days as people develop for profit ]
that the speculation purchase changes and sometimes you just want to get your money back .

I've posted some actual " free " stuff there , thanks for the reminder though
I see a grp buy [ less common these days ] that i will participate in .

Saw a generous giveaway of a console , not many current postings , a few feelers
maybe non-profit market is a better name for it ?
understandable , that when you split something up , so does the attention get split up

Guys, I hear you loud and clear.
It's never my intention to make member interaction more difficult. The reason for implementing the new system was to try to slow down the old Black Market, decrease theft, and make it more self-regulated. Thinking about how the old Black Market might spiral out of control as the community continues to grow was a concern. Sometimes the best solution for 1,000 members isn't the best solution for 50,000 members. It's always upsetting to hear about members occasionally getting bit in a bad transaction. My hope was to try to decrease those occurrences with a more structured system.

Nevertheless, I want everyone to have a good experience. I'll revert the Black Market back to how it was (might take a couple days). Use caution, and be good to each other. Thanks.

I could tolerate some sort of compromise , depending of course on what is reasonable for you
to implement all in all . but I believe taking it back in that direction will make it more attractive , interesting
and effective , Thanks

Thank you Ethan,

I think it was an experiment that had to be tried, especially as a vocal minority were asking for change.

Now if it comes up again, we can say that it was tried, and didn't work.

;)

Thanks Ethan.  I have tried to keep quiet on this topic as I understand that it is not easy to keep to-ing and fro-ing between what people want one month to the next, but I think this change back to the old system is a positive one. I look forward to getting stuck into the Black Market once more!

Many thanks for your continued efforts :)

Rob

Latest posts

Back