New CK12 capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudNL

It was just brought to my attention that Xingde Audio released a new CK12 capsule.
No idea how the quality is, but capsules I bought from them in the past were good.
The internal construction looks good (at least to my eyes) but maybe a CK12 expert (Tim?) can shine a light on this.
(I don't have any connection with Xingde Audio!)
If you are interested, you can reach them through: [email protected]

Attachments

• 0712_1.jpg
    0712_1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 0712_4.jpg
    0712_4.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 16
For me looks like something in retro style. As my opinion in past manufactures is not produced capsules better than it is possible made today. About amplifier circuits there is really most like every kind of modern things in it produce some weird sides in sound. And some time is very important return back to tubes or more simple circuits without too much of complicating. But about capsules i guess modern solution is even more interesting than old. Here is returning in past is not really working.

As my opinion Chinese try make some additional money and nothing more.

Last edited:
It was just brought to my attention that Xingde Audio released a new CK12 capsule.
No idea how the quality is, but capsules I bought from them in the past were good.
The internal construction looks good (at least to my eyes) but maybe a CK12 expert (Tim?) can shine a light on this.
(I don't have any connection with Xingde Audio!)
If you are interested, you can reach them through: [email protected]
WOW!

There are already at least 7 companies making historically accurate CK12 capsules. Some of us for many years. No one it seems can agree if any of us make exact sounding copies. What makes you think a chinese company that never made this capsule before would suddenly on their first try make one that sounds correct. At best it is usable and at worst every capsule you buy will sound different.

It is hard to tell from these photos if the chamber is the correct size but the construction is certainly different than AKG

What makes you think a chinese company that never made this capsule before would suddenly on their first try make one that sounds correct.
It makes tho possible for various WA, Stam, bla, bla, bla companies to claim they finally have the "historically accurate" capsule everyone is after in their latest C12 models which will be available in 3, 2, 1...

To add to the irony, i'm sure this one is based on one of the replicas made by manufacturers you mentioned.

I just realized that my above reference is to the same company Ruud is talking about. They sent me photos yesterday and I thought it was a different capsule. But they emailed me again just now and I realized it was the same capsule. Here are a couple more pics of it.
These guys have a very cool setup. Totally tooled out factory. They're turning out lots of stuff. I have their M7 in a couple videos on my channel. I think it sounds pretty great so I'm excited to try this one out when they send one over.
I've been told there is a website coming. So you'll be able to find out more when that happens. Not sure if it'll enable single unit sales, but I've suggested it. That's all I know for now.

UPDATE: I just asked the guy who designs them and it seems you will be able to buy single units from them once their website is up at some point soon-ish.

mmexport1688970603984.jpgmmexport1688970608355 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Stability is my concern also so we’ll see. The Golden Age top of the range 251 is okay from demo’s I’ve heard and Bo is sending a demo over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back