New CK12 capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are already at least 7 companies making historically accurate CK12 capsules. Some of us for many years. No one it seems can agree if any of us make exact sounding copies. What makes you think a chinese company that never made this capsule before would suddenly on their first try make one that sounds correct. At best it is usable and at worst every capsule you buy will sound different.

It is hard to tell from these photos if the chamber is the correct size but the construction is certainly different than AKG
Just as a reference, the 7 companies are
1) Tim Campbell of course
2) Beesneez
3) OPR
4) Haun
5) Heiserman
6) Lawson
7) Joesphson
And i think that 4 and 5 are not availble to the masses (anymore).

Last edited:
Yes with Chinese market is some problems. But totally i guess Chinese now i not like on top of problems in this world. Just their market is not always have a big sense and in some case is really better buy something other in some other places and don't spend a time on buying only from china. China is not supporting putin too much. But some products which you can buy from china for cheap can be prodused on factorys where working slaves for food.

How did this become a political issue? And when are USA and Europe going to bring back the production from China, and how is production of CK12 in China becoming the greatest issue of all?

What should AKG and Austrians say about all the seven CK12 manufacturers mentioned? Everyone here knows i love Tim's CK12, but Tim, sincerely, you are being childish about this one. Tbh, people are not thrilled about you limiting your production to selected customers. People have been begging for your response on sales inquiries for some time now. Rules of economy and capitalism apply to CK12 as well. If there is demand...

I Have not minded people purchasing other's capsules ever.
I have never limited my production. I produce more capsules now than I ever have.
Long live capitalism I wholeheartily say from one social democrat to another.

The pile of work in front of me at this moment while I write this post

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_090557(1).jpg
    IMG_20230712_090557(1).jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
They sent me photos yesterday

I don't know why they using metal saddles in this case. As my opinion for example plastic is much more sound friendly material. It is not conductive for sound like a metal for example. And is not create any addirional resonance waves.

Last edited:
It makes tho possible for various WA, Stam, bla, bla, bla companies to claim they finally have the "historically accurate" capsule everyone is after in their latest C12 models which will be available in 3, 2, 1...

To add to the irony, i'm sure this one is based on one of the replicas made by manufacturers you mentioned.

I've only used Tim's on my 251's and the moment Tim decided he could not sell to me anymore I stopped manufacturing the SA-251.

How did this become a political issue? And when are USA and Europe going to bring back the production from China, and how is production of CK12 in China becoming the greatest issue of all?
For me the country where a capsule is produced is no issue at all!
As long as they can deliver me good quality for a reasonable price, they are my friends.
If a manufacturer in Uzbekistan today comes with a good CK12 capsule, I am willing to buy it! :)

Myburgh and 2 russian companies are almost ready to release CK12 types as well as when 3U releases their version of the capsule we are discussing. groupdiy can go from threads about which M7 capsule on Aliexpress is best to which chinese CK12 is best
It will be great to have more choice at a greater speed but I hope the quality is as good as Austrian and German sounds. I heard English speaking westerners have sold designs to China. Progress….

I've only used Tim's on my 251's and the moment Tim decided he could not sell to me anymore I stopped manufacturing the SA-251.
Stam are not in the same category as Warm that’s for sure. Far more High End and creative.

Sorry, it's kind of difficult to keep track of all the chinese product re-branding companies with all the "historically accurate" products, so i usually mixup Stam, Golden Age, Warm Audio and such. Since i know where most of the parts come from and how much they cost to begin with.

Since you chimed in, here we have quite a few knowledgeable people. You can use the resources to make a unique product, even with unique capsule. Not all of microphones have to be rip-offs of traditional designs.

Last edited:
Just as a reference, the 7 companies are
1) Tim Campbell of course
2) Beesneez
3) OPR
4) Haun
5) Heiserman
6) Lawson
7) Joesphson
And i think that 4 and 5 are not availble to the masses (anymore).
In alphabetical order, including a couple missed, PLUS corrections:

Beesneez
Campbell Transmitter - assisted by AKG
Heiserman
Josephson
Lawson
MBHO/Haun - assisted by AKG
OPR
Telefunken Elektoakustik - assisted by AKG
Upton

Coming soon...

Arienne Audio (?)
3U
Chinese (see above: Mr. Pan, Cameron)
Myburgh
The Russians

Exciting! Stay tuned...

Last edited:
I'd be wary of that. They're using the same image I got in a PM of Shuaiyin's under development CK12, and that's not ready for release yet because they're issues with the backplate so the capsule is delayed.
unless something has fundamentally changed with their business model, ShuaiYin is most certainly not making their own capsule.

unless something has fundamentally changed with their business model, ShuaiYin is most certainly not making their own capsule.
Then maybe it's safe, though I'd still be a little suspicious that they're possibly using inaccurate pictures, because I'm sure Shuaiyin would be selling the capsules already if they're ready (even if they didn't make them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back