Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very approximately:

Meters: £80 ish

Carnhill Iron £250 ish

Other components £100 ish (more if you don't have most of the more obscure resistor values. Switches start to add up too...)

Knobs: however much you want to spend.

So as long as you already have cable, heat shrink, all the basic stuff, I'd say this is a ball park figure, plus or minus £50

If you're in the US, then costs for parts may vary of course.

@uwi: congrats and many thanks for the pictures! I took a break from building this thing but I'm back in the game now ;)

@geetar_king: my totals are about 750 Euro including carnhill trafos (worth 280 Euro) excluding case+pcb

regards,
christoph

Anyone has a real picture of the back of the original 33609, not a CAD drawing? I've searched the web, it's easier to find pics of naked presidents than this back panel =) What is the DB-25 connector for on the back of 33609JD?

guys and gals, may I present:

neve.jpg

I still have to perform some finishing touches (meter light hasn't arrived yet) and I need to calibrate once again (I might have a couple of questions regarding this ;), other than that, I'm really happy that everything was working after the first power up! Big thanks to Igor for this awesome project!

all the best,
christoph

HURRAY!!!! Another pipe smoker at this forum!!!!!
Excellent job, indeed!
What is your favorite tobacco, bro'?

What is the DB-25 connector for on the back of 33609JD?

External control as far as I know...

@igor: I'm quite the novice when it comes to pipe smoking, but at the moment I very much like "ambiente" which is a non-flavored/perfumed natural tobacco...

cheers
christoph

Is the 3k6 termination resistor needed for the Sifam AL19 VU's? My Meter tracking is a bit off and I have it installed?

thanks
christoph

I'm a bit confused by the different versions of the BOM posted through out this thread...

Which BOM is the best to use? Each one seemed to be a correction for one posted before it.

Is the original BOM on page 1 updated and correct to use?

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Hey guys,
Yet another newbie toroid question (relevant to this build though) =)
I'm looking at Avel&Lindberg Y236202 HERE. It's 50VA (12+12VAC @2.08A).

So, for 240v mains operation I'd connect primaries in series, and to get 24VAC I'd connect secondaries in series as well. Now, that would get me the desired 24VAC @ 1.04A for this project, correct?

Same should be with Amveco 62082?

So to summarize 50VA 12+12VAC:

Primary and secondary in parallel: 4.16A
Primary and secondary in series: 1.04A
Primary in series, secondary in parallel: 2.08A
Primary in parallel, secondary in series: 2.08A

Is this correct? Then my only question is, the specs on both transformers indicate Amps for secondaries in series and primaries in parallel or vise versa? Is this a "standard" configuration to assume for trafo specs? It's a bit confusing seeing 12+12 @2.08A on both specs without mentioning the series/parallel configuration on both input and output...

Thanks!

The Zener 2.7V Diode, Mouser part number 583-BZX85C2V7-T is backordered.

What should I get as an alternative?

Where else is a good place to order from in the US?

I don't know how to order the Elma switches. The BOM I'm using says to order 4 Elma 1x24 switches. The Elma website asks about shorting and I'm concerned I'll order the wrong thing.

Could someone give me a specific model number I should order?

Thanks

Thanks Radiance. I appreciate the response.

The BOM I am using lists:
100uF electro 25V 5mm/10.5mm OR 10x20 axial 2 C17
100uF electro 25V 5mm/8.5mm 4 C3,C5
100uF electro 25V 5mm/8.5mm OR 6.5x18 axial 2 C4

But the mouser part listed are the same:
Mouser Part #: 647-TVX1J101MAD
Manufacturer Part #: TVX1J101MAD
Manufacturer: Nichicon
Description: Axial Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors 63V 100uF 8X20 20%Tol 85Deg

I don't understand what the "8.5mm" "10.5mm" or "10x20 axial, 6.5x18 axial" stuff means.

Is this item OK for C3, C4, C5, C17?

Thanks.

Linus said:
I don't understand what the "8.5mm" "10.5mm" or "10x20 axial, 6.5x18 axial" stuff means.
example 100uF electro 25V 5mm/10.5mm OR 10x20 axial
-dimensions-
is radial cap with 5mm pin spacing, diameter 10.5mm
or alternative axial cap with diameter 10mm and length 20mm,
so you know, whether this part will fit on your pcb.

what toroid transformer is needed is ti 25va or 30va? does anyone have a farnell or an rs code for the uk

cheers guys
keith

what toroid transformer is needed is ti 25va or 30va? does anyone have a farnell or an rs code for the uk

cheers guys
keith

[quote author="Linus"]I don't know how to order the Elma switches. The BOM I'm using says to order 4 Elma 1x24 switches. The Elma website asks about shorting and I'm concerned I'll order the wrong thing.

Could someone give me a specific model number I should order?

Thanks[/quote]

#04-1103-20... They're getting pretty popular, so Elma ran out (I grabbed the last 5).. They probably will have them back in stock starting next week (that's what they told me back in August anyway. The only way to order is to call them direct.

I've made the current (September) BOM for US builders, but I'm gonna double-check it before I post. I got all the parts and the only way to see if everything fits is to build the damn thing =)

Latest posts

Back