Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="SWNYC"]Thanks Rob,
Is this why you used M4 nuts to set the galvanized panel back from the front panel? Without the unit in front of me, I seem to remember the Elma bushings more forward than the Lorlins when using the key cut-out. I may elect to do just that if my prospects of getting the bushing nuts doesn't pan out. Thanks again..[/quote]

In a nutshell, yes ! Purusha supplied some angle strips that I think were meantfor this, but I couldn't seem to get them to work so it wasn't all sloppy, so I opted for the M4 nuts which are about the same width as the elma nuts.

I just got my first opportunity to listen to my 33609, which uses a 31267, 10468, 9056 combination of transformers. I must say it sound peachy. WHat a great sound. If you are still trying to complete yours, you are in for a treat !!!

Igor thanks for taking the time to design these boards, & Purusha the case is looking cool.

I just got my first opportunity to listen to my 33609, which uses a 31267, 10468, 9056 combination of transformers. I must say it sound peachy. WHat a great sound. If you are still trying to complete yours, you are in for a treat !!!

Igor thanks for taking the time to design these boards, & Purusha the case is looking cool.

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]I just got my first opportunity to listen to my 33609, which uses a 31267, 10468, 9056 combination of transformers. I must say it sound peachy. WHat a great sound. If you are still trying to complete yours, you are in for a treat !!!

Igor thanks for taking the time to design these boards, & Purusha the case is looking cool.[/quote]

Hi Rob,

Can you post up the way that you wired all the transformers? I'll be using the same ones and I don't think this info has been posted yet.

Cheers

Rob

[quote author="rob_gould"][quote author="Rob Flinn"]I just got my first opportunity to listen to my 33609, which uses a 31267, 10468, 9056 combination of transformers. I must say it sound peachy. WHat a great sound. If you are still trying to complete yours, you are in for a treat !!!

Igor thanks for taking the time to design these boards, & Purusha the case is looking cool.[/quote]

Hi Rob,

Can you post up the way that you wired all the transformers? I'll be using the same ones and I don't think this info has been posted yet.

Cheers

Rob[/quote]

Use this sheet
http://www.technicalaudio.com/reading/neve_xfmrs/neve_edo7113.html

I wired the primaries & secondaries in series for the 31267 & the 10468.

ie
primary connect 3 & 4 together, connect to 2 & 5
secondary connect 9 & 8 together, connect to 7 & 10

The 9056 I connected as per the information slenderchap posted earlier in the thread.

[quote author="Rob Flinn"][quote author="rob_gould"][quote author="Rob Flinn"]I just got my first opportunity to listen to my 33609, which uses a 31267, 10468, 9056 combination of transformers. I must say it sound peachy. WHat a great sound. If you are still trying to complete yours, you are in for a treat !!!

Hi Rob,

Cheers

Rob[/quote]

Use this sheet
http://www.technicalaudio.com/reading/neve_xfmrs/neve_edo7113.html

I wired the primaries & secondaries in series for the 31267 & the 10468.

ie
primary connect 3 & 4 together, connect to 2 & 5
secondary connect 9 & 8 together, connect to 7 & 10

The 9056 I connected as per the information slenderchap posted earlier in the thread.[/quote]

Ah great link - thanks

And then the pins wired like this would be OK?

2 to positive primary
5 to negative primary
7 to positive secondary
10 to negative secondary

I presume in fact that it doesn't matter whether 2 is positive and 5 is negative or vice versa on the primary side, as long as 7 and 10 matches on the secondary side?

Scuse the daft question (if it is one) - first time I've done this and I don't want to break anything expensive

Cheers :thumb:

Hi,

I just finished my unit without much problems, except one shortcut on the BA 340. It was BA 340 Pin 3 which had contact with the transistor case on top off it.

PICT0125.jpg

PICT0119.jpg

Thanks to everyone for this cool project and help in this thread.

Best wishes

Uwe

[quote author="SALSA"]Nice work Uwe.

Where did you find the scale for the meters ?

Cheers,

Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike,

it`s from the german distributor of Sifam, Sibalco.de. You can ask there for the normal AL19WF Sifam Meters with the dB black scale from the orginal Neve. You need to get a white needle as well. The price stays almost the same.

Best

Uwe

Hello there.
I also have the -0.7dB and RV1 on max problem
But i have it on both channels, so i can't swap the interstage trafo's.
Could it be anything else??
Have checked on testpoint C, audio is -20dB. Don't know if that is good or bad.
Maybe it's my ba340, or something in that area.

I wouldn't like to go and get some new interstage trafo's, don't have the money, so hope i can fix it an other way.
But at the moment i can't check anything, because i just shorted the PSU and i have 15V everywhere (so if anyone has found 9V, send it over to me).
Will fix that tomorrow, to much shit going on in my head right now.

Hope anyone has an idea to help.

Cheers,

Pim

[quote author="Igor"]Regarding trunny's, psb fits TF10016, 31267, OEP A262A2E, LL1540,
LL1532 as input, TF10015, 10468, LL1528, OEP A262A2E as interstage. Some others can be used too.

There's enough "spare" on trimpot RV1 to give same output with 1:2
output trunny, and limiter section can be adjusted to track properly.
Just use RV4 50k instead of 10k.[/quote]

i have two 31267 transformer for the input, but they don't fit the PCB.
the 31276 that i have had 2x6 connector pins.

are you sure that the pcb fits 31267?

I was able to score some bushing nuts for the Elma switches. If anyone is looking for a few, let me know as I've picked up some extra. Seth

For those in the U.S. who are looking for the hard-to-source AA144 Germanium diode for the BA340 boards, I believe I have found an appropriate replacement: The NTE 109.

AA144 Rectifier Diode info
Material: Germanium
Function: Universal
Max reverse voltage: 90V
Max forward current: 45 mA
Max dissipation power: 80 mW

Replacement:

NTE109 (Mouser 526-NTE109)
Material: Germanium
Function: General Purpose
Max reverse voltage: 100V
Max forward current: 60mA
Avg dissipation power 80mW

A kind gent in the UK mailed me a couple of original AA144's, but one broke as I was bending it out of the way to fit the trim pot on to the board. So necessity being the mother of invention, I did some searching and cross-referencing, and this looks good. Hope it helps someone!

Should I attempt to build this if I don't own hardly any of the equipment in the test procedure?

Should be fine in theory? Or do I need all that equipment to calibrate or somethin?

Hmmm... With some experience in electronics,
multimeter and soundcard why not..
Good if there's a soundcard and scope except multimeter...
You should be lucky enough to get the unit without mistakes at all
with absence of scope... dunno... At your riscue ;)
I did some and allmost all were working from first fireup....
BUT audio analyzer, scope, lab PS and good Fluke
were a way helpfull sometimes....

@uwi20040: AWESOME!!!!

Excellent job!

Anyone have a total of the total parts cost for this unit (minus PCB and case)?

I'm thinking of building this, but need to know. I'm going to use the AL19WF meters for it.

... I know i could go through the BOM and source the parts and add it up, but I know there are a ton of people here who have these built, and a rough estimate would help me out.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back