OMG!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was talked about way back when McCarthy sold his soul to get the job--what was that, 9 months ago? I expected it to be brought up this time as well. The GOP resembles a cult more and more every day.

That was talked about way back when McCarthy sold his soul to get the job--what was that, 9 months ago? I expected it to be brought up this time as well. The GOP resembles a cult more and more every day.
So the party that operates in near perfect lock-step (a.k.a. Group Think) fashion is not a cult, but the one that has at least some members who think independently is a cult. Interesting "logic." Would you like some mustard with that pretzel?

I did not know that. How is that possible? Is it even legal?
I think she registered to vote in CA yesterday... 🤔

Gov Newson may be attracted to her fund raising bonafides for his 2028 (2024?) presidential run.

[edit- congress being tangled up is generally not a bad thing because they do less damage, but they have been unable deliver "regular order" on spending appropriations bills. The threat of a government shut down forces the use of "continuing spending resolutions" which result in more of the same excessive spending. Maybe instead of shutting down the government, they should just shut down the cameras. ;) /edit]

JR

Last edited:
I did not know that. How is that possible? Is it even legal?
I think this issue came up with Dr. Oz last election cycle. He lives in New Jersey & yet ran for a Pennsylvania Senate seat. He owns a home in PA, as Butler owns a home in CA. Nothing illegal or impossible in either case.

ut the one that has at least some members who think independently is a cult.
Just a little "dizziness with success."--it'll pass. Dems, I believe, were operating under the "Give 'em enough rope" principle. It doesn't help that McCarthy was a sh*theel to Dems on a regular basis. If the man had done anything to earn their trust or support, he would have gotten it.

Just for grins:
‘Red Caesarism’ is rightwing code – and some Republicans are listening

Last edited:
Just a little "dizziness with success."--it'll pass. Dems, I believe, were operating under the "Give 'em enough rope" principle. It doesn't help that McCarthy was a sh*theel to Dems on a regular basis. If the man had done anything to earn their trust or support, he would have gotten it.
The party of "equity," defund the police, and unsecured borders isn't where any sane American should look for trust or support.

From Congressman Nick Langworthy: You’ve got to start to wonder out loud if George Soros or some other liberal dark money is behind the idiotic move to derail the House Republican Majority and this pathetic Motion to Vacate effort.

Sure, Nick. Nothing like that could come from within your own party. Must be the liberals and the Jews.

www said:
In the House and the Senate, the average party conformity score was higher for Democrats than Republicans over the nearly 18,000 total votes taken. Democrats in the House voted with their party 90.4 percent of the time; Republicans in the House, 89.3 percent of the time. In the Senate, the gulf was wider: Democrats lined up 89.8 percent of the time while Republicans did so only 86.6 percent of the time.
Wow! It's like apples and oranges! Night and day! Dogs and cats! Water and oil!

Wow! It's like apples and oranges! Night and day! Dogs and cats! Water and oil!
It isn't just the votes, it's the talking points, maneuvering, talk show messaging, and all rest that goes on between those votes. It's a shame you refuse to see it as a bad thing.

And some useful link or reference including the timeframe for your "web quote" would be nice.

At least some of this is about getting rid of omnibus bills.

Why don't they ever pull these stunts when there's a Republican in the White House? Why are R's, when they have power, more than happy to give huge tax cuts to the rich (thus increasing the budget deficit) while continuing to increase govt. spending and the national debt? This is performative politics, and all the talk of cutting govt. spending (overall--we know R's want to gut programs like Social Security & Medicare) is to gin up support from folks who apparently don't pay much attention to what goes on when R's are in control in DC. Insomuch as R's have any interest in getting rid of omnibus bills, it's simply to ensure that poor and middle class Americans get the least benefit from govt. spending, and the wealthiest get the very most.

Why don't they ever pull these stunts when there's a Republican in the White House?
Good question.

Why are R's, when they have power, more than happy to give huge tax cuts to the rich (thus increasing the budget deficit) while continuing to increase govt. spending and the national debt?
Also a problem.

This is performative politics, and all the talk of cutting govt. spending (overall--we know R's want to gut programs like Social Security & Medicare)
That is leftwing agit-prop.

is to gin up support from folks who apparently don't pay much attention to what goes on when R's are in control in DC. Insomuch as R's have any interest in getting rid of omnibus bills, it's simply to ensure that poor and middle class Americans get the least benefit from govt. spending, and the wealthiest get the very most.
<eye roll>

Or this take, which rings more true than most of the shallow, partisan garbage analysis I've seen.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...not-seek-speakership-again-heres-my-thoughts/

Latest posts

Back