Rode nt1 MOD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingkorg said:
They have exactly the same construction, and have no relation to true ck12. It would be great if you stop pretending Maiku does. The construction of Maiku is 100% the same as chinese capsule..

Doesn't Maiku tunes his capsule differently ?

If the retune of a chinese factor cap make it sounds better, I'm cool with the process !  8)

kingkorg said:
Please some measurements allready!

They have exactly the same construction, and have no relation to true ck12. It would be great if you stop pretending Maiku does. The construction of Maiku is 100% the same as chinese capsule.

It would be great if we could see some pics of Maiku facilities where these are produced, or anu aditional info on the company.
No way, a €160 capsule isn't multi-chambered like a true CK12?!
Thank you for exposing Maiku's treachery! ;D

Here's a post from over a year ago, written to you of all people (one of the many times it was covered on this forum):
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=66406.msg862504#msg862504

For the rest of your 'questions' in brief, everyone who's bought a Maiku knows who makes them. It's written on their credit card statement... Everyone also knows the backplates come from Asia. Says as much on the website... Maiku will publish measurements as soon as Campbell, Thiersch, Sennheiser, MBHO, Josephson, Heiserman, etc etc etc publish theirs... Finally, Maiku does not use ISK backplates and the CK12 has no relation to the RK12. They don't sound or perform the same. Had you tried one yourself, you would know this.

So... have you tried any of the Maiku's, or are you one of these web magicians who can hear through pictures? :p

A lot words, yet nothing said. I am impressed you put Maiku in company with MBHO, Sennheiser, Thiersch...

I'll do you a favor for free, send me a capsule, i will measure it, record samples, compare to other ones mentioned, and post results here. You get your capsule back after i'm done with it.

I never said ISK makes them. What makes you think i've never tried one? The fact i never bought one from you?

I understand your emotional attachment to these though.

Sinkia said:
Doesn't Maiku tunes his capsule differently ?

If the retune of a chinese factor cap make it sounds better, I'm cool with the process !  8)

Sadly it does not, it is the very reason i react to Peluso's, and other people's claims that they do some kind of black magic by tuning membranes diferently.

If nothing else, chinese guys have clean rooms, and very advanced gear for tuning and measuring capsules. 797 Audio capsules follow with individual measurements for every capsule purchased. Not every chinese capsule is crap.

That is the very reason i would like to see conditions in which Maiku and Peluso capsules are "tuned" and assembled.

The 50$ capsule i mentioned from Rayking is the same one used in Telefunken RFT ar51 microphone for example, and is a great capsule.

797 audio capsules have been used in some highly regarded mics since forever without people ever knowing it. The same goes for Feilo (think Manley).

Guosheng (3u audio) has impressive background in this area, just do a quick research.

And all of these capsules cost about 50$ shipped!!!

Somehow Maiku, Peluso, Microphone Parts... do magical things with the exact same type capsules of basically same origin for 150$+

I am just not a fan of "tuned/qc/assembled by... put your favorite non Asian country here" marketing strategy. Because it doesn't mean a thing.

I can disassemble a chinese capsule, "retune" it or just put a bit of nail polish on screws, and re sell it as made in Norway. Would you buy one from me? It would have been first Norwegian capsule ever.

One thing to have in mind is that i don't sell anything here, never have, and every capsule i mention has been tested, measured, and recorded with in different mic models during last couple of years by me on the same exact setup. And i am not afraid to post any of those measurements/samples. 

Great that you are willing to debunk the myths around capsules.
If one capsule is better than another one, measurements will show this clearly.
I agree with you that many Chinese manufacturers produce capsules with a very good quality/price ratio.
So... let's wait and see what happens!

Oh, you silly man - don't you know you can't measure magic (mojo)?  ::)

https://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ?t=1844

https://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ?t=3487

kingkorg said:
A lot words, yet nothing said. I am impressed you put Maiku in company with MBHO, Sennheiser, Thiersch...

I'll do you a favor for free, send me a capsule, i will measure it, record samples, compare to other ones mentioned, and post results here. You get your capsule back after i'm done with it.

I never said ISK makes them. What makes you think i've never tried one? The fact i never bought one from you?

I understand your emotional attachment to these though.

RuudNL said:
Great that you are willing to debunk the myths around capsules.
If one capsule is better than another one, measurements will show this clearly.
I agree with you that many Chinese manufacturers produce capsules with a very good quality/price ratio.
So... let's wait and see what happens!
He claims he's tested a Maiku already.

kingkorg said:
every capsule i mention has been tested, measured, and recorded with in different mic models during last couple of years by me on the same exact setup. And i am not afraid to post any of those measurements/samples.
... so how about he posts the measurements and recordings of the Maiku & Peluso?

Otherwise he can buy one, just like everyone else, and share as many graphs/charts/samples as he likes.

Or even better, Ruud – you can send him your Maiku CK12. For science 8)

Looking forward to the results.

Best of luck with your Maiku project, with this kind of attitude. I hope it ends up better than blackspade microphones.

I am not paying you 160€ for something i can get directly from Guosheng for 50$. Oops, did i reveal Maiku's origin? Sorry! Anyways your capsules are not available at the moment. So it might be helpfull to people who need capsules as soon as possible.

I am not posting any measures as i bet you would discredit them anyways. It's easy however, AS THIS IS THE SAME CAPSULE AS RK12! Or Guosheng's version, or 797 version, or even RØDE version! THEY SHARE THE SAME ORIGIN AND CONSTRUCTION, and therefore CAN NOT BE COMPARED TO CK12!

Btw, you can buy the same thing from Telefunken who claim to do same "Mojo" for 195$.

https://www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com/product/tk51d-capsule-ar-51

Does anyone really want to see two exactly same curves with plus or minus 1 db, exactly same pattern behaviour that has nothing to do with CK12, and your post that claims i never bought a capsule from you. I havent, i installed it for a friend, measured it, and he sold the mic day after.

Want to see the curves, send me a capsule, that way you can't discredit measurements, and you get your capsule back anyways. Or i can buy it from you for 50€.

WOW !

So muched learning in one thread !
Thank you so much for all the love all of you put in this !

(That's really funny because I was looking at this exact Telefunken capsule not later than yesterday !)

Whoops said:
Are you sure in the end it could not be rephrased to "a great body to improve"?

It seems in the end you might just have an original Roder NT1 body.

You can do whatever you want and I will help out with the knowledge I have, but sometimes you will spend more money or the same as building a completely great mic from scratch

There's no many great microphones projects in this forum, even in Kit format nowadays that it's hard to be cost eficient to mod a Rode NT1 to have the same performance as building a great mic from the ground up

Yeah I was planning to use the electronic as well, as long as it is the schoeps base flat circuitry ! :)
BUT ! I do have order an amazing old oktava body from a seller on DELAY.COM, and I'm definitly gonna build an other mic from scratch with this one
Maybe a U47fet clone, it's what I'm missing !

kingkorg said:
Best of luck with your Maiku project, with this kind of attitude.

(... snip ....)

Want to see the curves, send me a capsule, that way you can't discredit measurements, and you get your capsule back anyways. Or i can buy it from you for 50€.
Cool story about your "friend" and measurements... I believe you ::)

Sinkia, if you can really buy 3U capsules for $50, forget about Maiku Rayking and the rest.
No-one can compete with that kind of value. Product quality is great, don't hesitate.

Good luck  ;)

Banzai said:
Cool story about your "friend" and measurements... I believe you ::)

Sinkia, if you can really buy 3U capsules for $50, forget about Maiku Rayking and the rest.
No-one can compete with that kind of value. Product quality is great, don't hesitate.

Good luck  ;)
Cheapest quote I've been given is $100 for a single side, $150 for dual sided.

Well that is strange, as he sells a whole microphone with one sided capsule for 129$.

https://www.ebay.com/p/3u-Audio-Teal-Cm1-Condenser-Microphone-Acoustic-Guitar-Vocal-Instrument-Pro-Mic/1852552467

I did pay for one of his capsules 100$, but at the time it was the latest and greatest one. The super smooth k67.

Dude, you are unbelievable!

I dont pay vat, i live in Norway, and that is not EU. I've never paid any charges for packages under 100$.

You should know chinese guys mark the price at your wish, usualy about 10$. You are into smuggling stuff into EU from France and Switzerland, you should know. Am i making this up, or should i link your posts here?

Is this the reason you are extremely cautious about info you provide on the web about yourself or Maiku?

Strange Maiku doesn't have a web page in German/French.

Why do you keep refering to Maiku as it's somebody else's brand but yours?

No i don't think you even put lipstick on your capsules, you get them exactly the way they are!

What extreme marketing and hype, are you talking about yourself spamming all over the forums?

After all i dont care about 3U capsules at all, they can price them at 500$ if they will, the point is they are exactly the same thing as 50$ shipped Rayking ;) At least CK12 model you push here, i have zero experience with other Maiku products.

Regards the pricing of 3U audio - THE GUY DESIGNED THAT SMOOTH K67 CAPSULE, SENT MEASUREMENTS, AND PRODUCED A CAPSULE NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE THAT SOUNDS, PERFORMS, MEASURES, AND LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN ANYTHING ON THE MARKET.

And it was 100$ shipping with tracking included.

So, still no measures, or pictures of your capsule skinning, gold sputtering facilities in Switzerland?

How about picture of backplate?

How about anything else besides "Maiku is the next best thing after CT12 one can buy" claim?

I check out as well, for anyone interrested in geting "Maiku" directly from the manufacturer, contact 3U audio.

The capsule model is W4D. It is otherwise used in Warbler MKIVD, GZ251fet and GZ251 tube mics.

Nice clean room Banzai ;)

Isn't the Maiku Capsules some side project of BSA Microphones (Mike Meyer, "Blackspade Mike" on GS?)? Their early mics were designed by Oliver Archut and built by  AMI except the bodies, is that correct (there's a Gearslutz thread)?  Was their intention also to build a more economic Maiku branded mic line using the Maiku capsules?

If you guys were wondering..

I ended up buying a beezness ck12 capsule..

I'll try it in my nt1 untill i'll built a c12 from chunger, and buy a cheap c12 style capsule to replace it in my nt1 !

I'll post some audio exemple in here !
Have a great day all, & thanks for this passionate talk !

Sinkia said:
If you guys were wondering..

I ended up buying a beezness ck12 capsule..

I'll try it in my nt1 untill i'll built a c12 from chunger, and buy a cheap c12 style capsule to replace it in my nt1 !

I'll post some audio exemple in here !
Have a great day all, & thanks for this passionate talk !
Let us know what you think of the Beeznees capsule. I've considered getting one, or Tim Campbell's CT12, but I need to find a used C414 to throw it in (if I can find a cheap one in Canada). I'd consider throwing it in my sE Electronics T2 as well, with a couple extra changes it could turn out like that Jim Williams mod where he takes the transformer out of some of the C414s.

I'll try to record some audio examples before & after the capsule change, & post those here ! :)

Back